Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sprinkler valve for center bag has died

So I still have the crappy stock sprinker valve set up for my ballast situation. I just had my center sprinker valve go out so I have to keep it "open" all the time.

What do you guys suggest is the "best" way to fix this???

I am leaning on just getting rid of the sprinkler tree and buying 3 tsunami 800s and making a ........thinginy for all 3 from 1 thru hull, or drilling 2 new thru hulls and making them all separate.

HELP?!?!?!
    2006 Outback V, Alpine CDA-118M, 2 alpine MC20's, Polk Cabins, 2 Exile XM7s 2 SXT65s (tower), Memphis Mojo 12" Sub in custom downfiring ported box, Kicker 2500.1, Exile Harpoon, JL M6450, WS-420.

Acme 1433, 750lbs Sacs in Rear, GG 1180 (fills to about 700) Sac in Center Locker, 650 lbs Nose bag.

PP Stargazer

You can get better fill times with Irritrol valves since they are straight through valves and not "up and over" valves like the OEM ones are. It was the first mod I did to my boat.

Cheap fix just go to home depot or lowes for 15 20 bucks someone onbhere probaly has a fewin a box somewhere
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

The orbit sprinkler valves are $13 at home depot. It would take you all of 10 minutes to replace it.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Been there done that. The replacement orbit sprinkler valve will soon do what the original is. Save your $$ and buy the Irritol flow through for $25 and you won't be sorry. Much better cheap fix!!
    http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_700s.html

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    You can get better fill times with Irritrol valves since they are straight through valves and not "up and over" valves like the OEM ones are. It was the first mod I did to my boat.
    Not according to someone who actually tested it:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....light=irritrol

Morgan, just get the same exact valve at HD or Lowes. Don't waste your money on the Irritrols.

As far as upgrading your ballast system, there are lot of how to's on various methods for improving ballast fill times on this forum, everthing from three fill pumps off one 1" intake to one intake per fill pump, reversible pumps to aerator pumps. Just have to do a little searching.

Be cautious of people who claim improved fill times based on perception but don't offer any data to back it up.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

The Irritol valves will not shorten the fill times but the design is much better than the original Orbit valves.

I had issues every season with my Orbit valves. Ever since I switched to Irritol valves, nothing but rainbows!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

The valves just don't go bad. Take it apart and clean the diaphram and housing with some simple green and a toothbrush. Any debris or algea will prevent the valves from working. I have to clean mine at least once a year from the algea.

PWI as usual...

I never proposed shorter fill times. But I do have practical experience with the orbit valves vs. irritrol. I have a screen strainer and still had same problems with the NEW orbit valve letting water through. Took them both apart and cleaned them several times. Same problem popped up again and again. Like Deafgoose - problem solved when I went with the Irritrol. I just like the relaibility factor.
    Just saying - you can buy the HD stock replacement but you may be out the additional $$ and end up more expensive if you end up going the other route later. Did for me

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I never proposed shorter fill times. But I do have practical experience with the orbit valves vs. irritrol. I have a screen strainer and still had same problems with the NEW orbit valve letting water through. Took them both apart and cleaned them several times. Same problem popped up again and again. Like Deafgoose - problem solved when I went with the Irritrol. I just like the relaibility factor.
    Just saying - you can buy the HD stock replacement but you may be out the additional $$ and end up more expensive if you end up going the other route later. Did for me
    viking,

I didn't say you did - YDM did, and which is why I quoted his post. I just remember deafgoose buying the irritrols on the advise of others that they are less restrictive and therefore, offered faster fill times. And when he actually tested them, there was no improvement in fill times whatsoever (in the context of the stock set up anyway).

That's great that the Irritrols are proving more reliable than the Orbits and I am not arguing that. They just don't offer any improved fill times and would hate for someone else to spend the $90 or whatever thinking they are going to get faster fill times when that is not the case.

I personally did not have any issues with my Orbit valves in the three years that I used the stock system and Morgan, I still have all three of mine so if you want one, I will be happy to send you one for the cost of postage.

Al

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV