Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    maybe I'm not a good judge of quality but based on the Axis I saw at the boat show I don't agree. The gel coat was especially bad- looked really wavy. And aren't Moombas made in the same factory as Supra?
    Yup, Supras are in the same factory and materials as the Moombas. I would also agree with skiyaker an quality perception. The Axis I crawled around in at the booth they had at wakeboard tour this spring gave me pause. The gelcoat looked wavy and also like orange peel in places, the windshield was loose and rocked when I grabbed it walking through the boat, the stitching on a couple areas was stretched so tight you could play the threads like a guitar, the snap in carpet (which I would ove to have) was poorly done, the snaps were in the wrong places and it wouldn't lay flat... stuff like that. All except teh gelcoat can be fixed pretty easily but not a good first impression...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Maybe you should troll the Mailbu forums. I can attest that my Moomba has better construction than my Malibu did, both in the hull and in the interior. My Malibu boat was back to the shop having several piece of interior replaced as it was falling apart after 10 months of owership. The hull was 6" less, but the boat was several hundred pound lighter. Now, my Malibu did have the best slalom wake I have ever skied on, but this different than construction.

Yes, I realize that the two boats were of different years, but I have owned both brands.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    maybe I'm not a good judge of quality but based on the Axis I saw at the boat show I don't agree. The gel coat was especially bad- looked really wavy. And aren't Moombas made in the same factory as Supra?
    my gelcoat looks wavy on my lsv
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD