Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Position of Exile SXT65 -- Question for you???

I ordered only one set of Exile SXT65's back in the spring. I didn't drill any new holes and kind of did a temporary mount. Being extremely pleased with these speakers I have since ordered a second pair. I'm starting to get things ready for my install. The biggest question I have right now has to do with positioning them on the tower. I noticed a few guys on here have mounted all 4 of theirs almost equidistant from each other. I think I might like the look better if they were arranged in a more "podlike" fashion with the two on each side closer to each other and further from the opposite pair. So the question I have is what difference does it make? Is it better to physically separate the 2 channels a little bit? Or is it better to try to make an even "field" if you will? Or is it simply a matter of what looks better by personal preference? Thanks for any help on this.

The pic below (thanks, Al) shows a pretty even placement for example.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I really think it is all personal preference. I'm running 6 towers, and went through the same dilima. I like the evenly spaced look, but wanted to maintain some form of light bar. I could not space them evenly and get the lights to shine between them how I wanted. So, I ended up making them more 2 sided, leaving a gap in the middle for the light bar I made. Overall, I'm happy, but still like the look of both my setup and equally spaced.

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I always walk right through the middle too so that's a factor. My (little) brother is about 6'2" or so. I think he'd agree on the spacing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

kane,

If you are going to repost one of my pics, at least pic a good one, like the one below

It's purely personal preference - there is not going to be any noticeable difference in sound in my opinion.

One thing you should consider is that in case you ever decide to switch out the clamps to the quick release kind, make sure to leave enough room between pods to allow them to rotate. I will probably switch mine out over the winter as I want to be able to angle the outside speakers out when we are anchored so that we can hear the music better across a wider field.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

pod style-my prefernce
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I prefer the equal distance look, never cared for the "pod" look.

exile1.jpg exile2.jpg exile3.jpg
    2007 Mobius LSV

Dude, are you hurling over the side?

No, I think Josh was rinsing out the beer bong! LOL
    No pu$$ies on my boat!

PWI as usual...

Nice Dude. You are pretty resourceful - I could see you making use of the items available to you...

Although I've been in that water with goggles on before because "someone" ran over a rope. That's some nasty green floaties. I may take my chances with the leftover beer residue instead.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    No, I think Josh was rinsing out the beer bong! LOL
    No pu$$ies on my boat!
    IDK man it looks like hes got a tramp stamp on his lower back? You sure the wife is aware of the Hos on your boat?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]