Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Run your vent lines from the V-drive sacs to the opposite side of the boat. This will keep them from draining out the vent hose when you are on a sharp lean while surfing. (Starboard side bag vents to the Port side and vice versa.)

With the floor pulled out I route the new hose the same way the original was in the grove in the top of the gas tank.

Here it splits off and one goes to the ski locker and one goes under the helm and up and out to the bow sac. There is a tunnel in the ski locker that you can reach through to help pass the hose out of the hole under the helm that your wires and steering cables come out of. You practically have to lie in the ski locker with your feet in the bow to reach far enough to do this. Wear a long shirt or you will have an arm full of fiberglass. This is also the tunnel you can use to run a vent hose from the end of your ski locker bag as it is not vented from the factory. The vent will run to the old drain thru-hull for the ski locker bag.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

IBS connection and vent line. Yes I used ¾” hose and fittings for all my vents. I just reused the old tubing I had already ran. Be sure to order some plugs to plug the now empty holes in your bags

Be careful with the hose that goes to the ski locker it is a tight fit. If not when you put the floor back down it can cut the hose open.

Ski locker bag vent running into the tunnel under the helm. Then to the original drain for the ski locker as you will no longer need it.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

On to the electrical….. This is what the back of my GIII switchs and fuse block originally looked like before I unplugged them. I just did away with my GIII wiring harness and wired everything from scratch only using the GII fuse block.

I removed all the fuses and then unplugged all the connections for the “pump out” power wires, taped them up and tucked them away. You won’t need them any more.

Using the roll of red 16 gauge wire I bought I crimped on female terminals and hooked them to the “Pump Out” side of the fuse block marked them on each end and ran the three of them to were my GIII switches are located by the drivers seat. I just left the wires connected to the “solenoids” side and just never put the fuses back in that side.

------Sold-------

Next I ran four ground wires from the side of the breaker panel. Three to the original GIII switch panel. The other one goes to the unused ACC switch on the dash (you’ll see this pic later.)

I put female connectors on each wire of the power.

Due to the wiring of the pump to the switch you will need to have two connectors from each of the ground wires. So you’ll have 3 ground wires with double female clips on each end for a total of six female clips (Two grounds for each switch.)

------Sold-------

I then split up the double wire wakemakers sent me into four equal pieces, wired it to the pumps (White to Red and Black to Black) then ran it down the passage below the floor on the starboard side. Tape them together and run all four at one time as it is a pain. You will have to get into the ski locker again to feed these wires up through the hole below the helm then route three of them to the GIII switch plate and one to the ACC switch were you ran the ground wire earlier. Make sure to mark the ends with which pump they are connected to or you’ll be all mixed up trying to wire them.

From the end of each of these I then soldered two wires and clips to each individual wire as you will need two ends on each to make the pumps work both ways. If you look at the wiring diagram from wakemakers for reversible pumps to fill/drain switches it will make more sense.

On the other side of the Breaker panel from where you ran your ground you will need to run a power wire to the ACC switch on the dash (You will just disconnect everything from the back of the ACC switch and use the new power and ground you ran.). This is where you install the inline fuse. Make sure to take the fuse out first. I forgot to take the pic in the beginning so when I took it later I forgot to remove the fuse for the picture.

------Sold-------

Repeat the same soldering double ends to the pump wires and double the grounds as well for the dash switch. This switch will control the pump for my IBS bag.

Once you have wired everything like the diagram from wakemakers shows you can now put 20amp fuses into the fuse block on the “Pumps Out” side only. Leave the “Solenoids” side empty.

Now you are ready to test the switches and see if your wiring is good and the pumps works. If you are not doing this in the water only leave the pumps on for a few seconds each. Any longer can damage the impellers. Check that the pumps come on when the switch is on “fill” and “empty”. Also if you are not in the water the pumps will sound pretty loud until the hoses are filled with water. Don’t screw the switch panel back in yet. You want to leave it out until you are in the water to test the pumps for the direction of flow. Once you are in the water if the pump is doing the opposite of what the switch is set to then just pop off the front of the switch turn the body of the switch upside down and put the front back on. It should tell you this on the diagram if you ordered the fourth switch from wakemakers. I have not had a chance to test everything in the water and record the fill times so I will add that to the thread as soon as I can.

Well I think that’s it. Man these “How To” threads are pretty hard. My thanks goes out to all the people that do them on a regular or irregular basis. Hit me up if you have any questions, I may not be able to answer them but I can tell you who to talk to and what not to do for sure.

------Sold-------

I forgot to mention that all the photos were taken with my cell so please excuse the color/exposure on some of them. I just kept forgetting to take my camera with me and since my boat is in storage I have to do all the work on it at the storage building but I am only allowed to work on it outside on the street... I just love apartment living...

------Sold-------

Looks like a great "how to" thread!

Let me know if you want to come to Atlanta to do it again!?!?!

Very impressive! I think that will be "the one project" I do this winter! Great how-to!

PWI as usual...

Super clean install!! Just curious , how much do you have invested it the whole system?
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake