Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Very sad day

My boat is insured with BoatUS, and the stereo is not considered personal property. I do however have an additional rider that covers personal property and watersports equipment. I believe $5,000 coverage is ~$75/year. Since my boat is at the marina 6 months a year it's nice having the piece of mind.
    2013 Outback V

Your boat insurance really should cover it! Razz is right, homeowners woud be a mistake. I called a couple months ago and asked what was, and was not covered in my boat, and they said if its in the boat it's covered. There would be no questions asked if gear like boards, vests, and stereo equipment of any kind were missing it would be covered, whether it was at home or we were on vacation. I would definately persue boat insurance.
    Have you even spoke with your boat insurance?

PWI as usual...

Yeah, I seem to remember that when I got my Inland Marine policy for my boat, the agent asked me if I wanted to cover any boat accessories as well, so I think i added some coverage for the stereo and racks and such and it maybe covers the boards and stuff too.

I know with my boat insurance it covers 2,000 dollars worth of personal gear. So I would assume that would mean the stereo and such. The thing that gets me is how dumb it is that if you make a claim that your insurance will drop you. A storm came through when I lived in Tennessee and ripped a woman's roof off of her house. She made a claim to her insurance. Well about 7 months earlier she made a claim too because another storm had ripped a bunch of shingles off of her house. She was a elderly woman and couldn't afford to pay for it out of pocket. She had insurance with the company for years and they dropped her. I think that is bull.
    Well we will collect the money from you for insurance but the minute you need it back to cover something that should be covered we will drop you. I think that is complete crap. That and raiseing your premium. I think that is bull too. I mean I could understand it if I did something like hitting someone with my car or something. But raise my premiums becuase some low life piece of crap breaks into my shit and steals it. I think that is bull as well.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Really sorry to hear this. We keep our boat in the garage but lately, if I am going to take the boat out on consecutive days, I just park it on the street still hooked up to the truck and put the cover on. So far so good but now I'm wondering if this might not be a good idea.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

So sorry to hear this. Hope the insurance company does right by you on this! Always a concern of ours because we keep ours at the house when we are going out on consecutive days. We typically pull the gear out of the boat though. The rest of the time it is at a covered storage spot with 24x7 video surveillance and owners live on the property. We store it there mostly because of the effort to get it into the garage (tower has to fold down and lots of jockeying to get it into place. We have less than 2" of clearance between the front of the boat and the garage door). We know it will fit in the garage if we have to, but prefer the ability to hook up and go with minimal effort.

Hope for the best for you!
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Hmmm, I like the idea of exploring my boat insurance to cover this. I also get my boat insurance through state farm, who covers my homeowners, auto and umbrella policies. I think I'll give my agent a call tomorrow and see what the specifics of the policy are as it pertains to theft. Anybody else insure their boat through State Farm and actually make a claim?

Went out to the lake yesterday to board and surf...very quiet out their without the normal tunes
    2007 Mobius LS

I'll give ya a $50 hardship discount on the Exile Harpoon amp (and throttle box) I have for sale.

Brand new.

Never out of the box.

For you - $550 + shipping

PM me

If you park in your driveway you can have your boat connected to your home alarm if you have one. You could have a custom connector made for a proximiy sensor in the boat and when in the driveway just plug it in near the garage.

If you have all of your other insurance with State Farm I would not be afraid to make a claim. They know who you are. The biggest issue with theft claims is fraud. Sounds like State Farm has a history with you and knows who you are. With the trailer tire damage, etc., I would say the claim looks absolutely like vandals/thieves. I don't think you'll have any problem. I made boat damage claims (not theft) 2 years in a row and my rate (with another similar company) only went up a couple of bucks.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!