Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Very sad day

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    yeah, I'm VERY curious why your insurance would be poo-pooing you submitting a claim for it??? You pay for something you never hope to use for years and years...
    Because he will be dropped for a claim of that size and the agent knows that. I also made a legitimate claim about 10 years ago when my truck was broken into and everything stolen. The auto insurance covered the damage but personal property is on your homeowners. Shortly thereafter they dropped me and i had to get another provider at a higher cost. After five years or so with no claims I could get a cheaper rate again. Same exact thing happened to my neighbor a couple years ago when his very expensive golf clubs were swiped from his garage. It's BS because you pay thousands literally for this coverage but if you actually have to use it your hosed.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Hmmmm - I guess personal property and homeowners is diff than a mariner policy or an accident claim. I've have a few accident claims on my mariner policy over the last 5 yrs, hefty to say the least, and only bumped my rates by a very small amount.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

That really bites, I hope you can ge it back, not likely but stranger things have happened.

On a related topic, is there a good alarm system that would work in a boat??
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

A big, mean dog and/or a Glock

Royally sucks to say the least.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Totally different animal Berg. When theft happens on your primary residence property and the boats on a trailer it's generally a homeowners claim.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Brandon - shoot me an email and let me know if you got the copy of receipt you requested. This really is unfortunate.

I can understand the humanity comment as well. I came home this evening to find my wife up in arms because someone stole one of the two "slow children playing" signs we have in front of our house... WTH? I guess someone needed it more than we did... but really? a children's sign?

-Brian
    Exile Audio

really sucks bad as others said watch the pawn shops. cl and ebay.

have your gear scheduled if you can as personal property on your homeowners. it eliminates the deductible for a small amount if additional ins.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thanks for the vibes guys. It just keeps getting better though - now I see that ipods, binoculars, 50ft of expensive wire, throttlebox for the harpoon amp and numerous other things (including registration for boat/trailer) are gone. The bastards also decided to f'up the valve stems on the trailer tires! So I spent all day on the phone with the cops, the insurance company, pawn shops and running back and forth to Les Schwab to get the tires fixed. A real day to forget.

To answer some questions - yes our boat is stored outside in the driveway but is always covered. I really did think this neighborhood was safe, until now I guess. Still haven't decided whether or not to make a claim with the insurance company. Anybody else have some insight on whether it is worth it or not?

Thanks
    2007 Mobius LS

my. 02 says if its close to your deductible then eat the loss. no claim if the value and damage is well over the deductible then i would file a claim. which i assume it might be.

really sucks that people cant respect other property.. its a darn shame!
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold