Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Vinyl Tear Repairs

Hey guys. I have a spot or two on my vinyl that the best I can tell it looks like someone has patched the vinyl. It looks like basically a paste that was spreaded on the spot to repair a tear possibly. I have a few spots that are on the sun deck where the vinyl is coming apart at the seams. I was wondering if anyone knew about how to repair this so that I could get these small cracks repaired before they get alot worse.

Also, anyone know where the the thread is about placing a board on one of the sides compartmetns so that people walk on the board instead of the vinyl. I thought I had seen it awhile back.
    2006 Mobius LSV

I'm in the same boat!!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    I'm in the same boat!!
    Must be the week for vinyl issues... I just noticed this evening while we were out that I have a small cut on one of the rear locker hatches... had a real workout last weekend with a ton of people in/out of the boat, wakeboard, skis, kneeboards, inflatables, surf boards... something with a sharp edge seems to have gotten the best of my hatch... but it is only about a inch cut now so if I can get it fixed before it gets worse perhaps t won't be so bad. Any vinyl repair product and application knowledge would be greatly appreciated!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

<BUMP> Come on all ye vinyl repairists chimne in!!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Cant believe not one person has any ideas on this.
    2006 Mobius LSV

I bought this stuff for a tear on my deck, and am very pleased with it. Put it on per directions, and I'm on 2 seasons now and it still looks fine. Hardly noticable to the untrained eye, even on black. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...8&merchID=4006
    TIP: No sharp corners! Round them.

As for the seam, where the thread broke and is allowing the 2 different color materials to seperate, I used fishing line. Use the new high-strength stuff (NOT monofilament), like FireWire in an un-noticable color. I heated a medium size sewing needle and bent the tip into a hook-type shape, allowing me to get in the joint better. Going on 2 seasons and again, not noticable to the untrained eye. Shoot, it is barely noticable to the trained eye! i just id it to another seam this season and it is holding up well too. It won't last forever obviously, but should last as long as the rest of it.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

I had some vinyl tears and stains and found these guys... http://www.fibrenew.com They came to the house and fixed everything so it looks like new...

How big of a tear you think you can get away with covering using that TearAid stuff? How wide I should say.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

After our terrible hail strom this spring my boat suffered some pretty extensive vinyl damage. I bought two packs of Tear Aid and it will save me through the rest of the summer. Stuff works great! However being as anal as I am I will tear it all out this winter and get it fixed properly for my own piece of mind.

One issue I have that I don't like and will fix this winter is "Why when putting these boats together do they not put a piping piece in between the two different colors of vinyl?" It would make life so much better and give the area that little bit of extra give so the seams don't tear when you're extremely busy out on the lake.
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Your best bet is to take get the ripped/damaged area taken out and replaced with new vinyl. I recently had a rear seat split. The www.fibernew.com guy wanted $125 to repair the 1" split. A local vinyl/upholstery place is replacing the split panel for $60 and I had to pay $50 for a full metre of material. I get to keep the left over material for future use.

I was also told that if you get the vinyl repaired and not replaced it will most likely split again.
    2006 LSV