Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brainstorming

Additional info if you click on the link it is the smaller body of water to the North.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Across the street from a high school? Could you coordinate anything with the school? Rowing, ski team, science department, etc?

I would think the biggest drawback on a cablepark would be the length of time open due to summer lenth in Indiana. Another thing to consider (both the good and the bad), that close to a high school, you are likely to get every dayers after school but it may be to the point where you become after school care.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Yeah we could probably get something going with the school. As of now they dont have a row team but they do have snow ski team. As far as the length of summer up here I'm not too worried about it since my wife only works part-time now anyway and we dont need to make a millions bucks from whatever business we decide. She would help out alot and is totally on board. She is actually pushing for a cable park more than me. I've even suggested getting into some type of watersports sales and using the property to test out the products. Who knows though.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Cable park in the summer. Snow park in the winter.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Just thought I should mention that from what I have read on them a cable park is EXTREMELY expensive. I can't remember what forum it was on, maybe the old Atlanta Wake website that Drew mentioned, but I believe it was around 500K after it was all said and done. And that was for one that wasn't even that large. Been a while since I have read on it, but I do remember a company that you could buy "kits" from as well.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Cable Park, imo, seems to be an interest first, cash flow later, type of venture. As in, you are doing it for the fun, not the money.

It would take a lot of up front capital. Interest rates are low, though. As I sit here working on returns .... Sounds like a good tax investment I'd imagine it creating some good losses.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded