Hybrid View

Default Budget Audio Upgrade

For others that may be looking at a budget upgrade...boat came with the stock 6 speaker MB Quart set up, no tower speakers and I was ready to upgrade to something I can hear while surfing and swimming with a little bass. I know I spent 5x,xxx on a boat, why cheap out on audio. Its a family boat and my kids are very young, I only wakeboard 15 minutes a week, so it is mainly a surf and swim boat. This set up should be perfect for me.

4 Tower Cans Aluminum Black Powder Coated - 139.98
    4 Kicker 6200 - 144.95
    1 Kicker ZXM700.5(refurb) - 297.50
    1 Kicker SKM10 - 160.00
    1 amp install kit - 27.95

Total $770.38

Stereo.jpg
    Last edited by Tegu; 09-02-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    2011 Mobius LSV

nothing better than a budget system getting it done.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

When you get this system set up i'd be curious on your take of the SKM10 sub in particular.I've been contemplating changes ,but have delayed twice,building/upgrading my system. I had that sub in particular in mind Due mostly to the simplicity of the Box,Sub combo ,but have not had a chance to see/hear this product. Its still in the plans ,probably Next year.

I'm not into serious pounding ,just looking for overall sound quality as tunes usually are for floating /rest time between Ski sets.
    07 Outback DD

Nothing at all wrong with your choice of equipment. Im guessing you have an amp to drive the tower speakers?

Mikey,
    The Kicker KM10 is a very nice woofer. Very musical and has some good bump with 200-250 watts rms to it. If the SMK10 doesn't fit your intended location, then go with the KM10 woofer and build a custom enclosure to fit the space.

Just got back from the first test run, I am actually fairly impressed with the sub. It hits harder than I thought it would, I couldn't be happier for the price.

Yes the zxm700.5 above is a kicker 5 channel amp to drive the tower speakers and sub.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Tegu View Post
    Just got back from the first test run, I am actually fairly impressed with the sub. It hits harder than I thought it would, I couldn't be happier for the price.

Yes the zxm700.5 above is a kicker 5 channel amp to drive the tower speakers and sub.
    Yep, very familiar with the Kicker line, i install it quite often. So whats powering the 6 in-boats?

Where did you install the kicker box? Thanks, Tom