Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I am probably in the minority here

I know that every almost every wake boat manufacturer is going to that big gaudy pickle fork bow design, but I am going to say it here and be the first that would like the opposite. I would actually like to see boats go to a minimal bow area still have some type of bow seating but minimal and move the windshields as far forward as possible to maximize the cockpit seating instead of bow seating.

I know that when were out on the lake almost no one wants to sit up there in my boat and if they do ride up there its only for a short time. From the front its hard to see the action and also hinders the drivers ability to see tubers and jetskiers that are not paying attention, so why continue to waste space there and make it harder to see... ? don't get me wrong I don't hate the look of the "pickle fork" I actually like, but it its the wasted space that makes me dislike the design. To me and my crew it would be a waste if I had a pickle boat.

Think about it you could move the windshield forward 2' potentially have a 20' boat with the cockpit size of today's current 22' foot boats or maybe even bigger in a v drive configuration making a relatively small boat feel much much bigger... dang how big would a 242 feel inside then probably like a 26' also how many of these wakeboarding boats like to be front loaded for wakeboarding moving the helm, windshield, driver, etc would only help with this also

Sorry for the mini rant just thoughts going through my head lately since moomba malibu mastercraft axis tige mb all will offer a pickle next year
    2007 Outback V

I'm pretty sure that windshield was moved foward on the 242 to do just that. It doesn't have a very large bow

agreed, the party is in the cabin of the boat. who wants to segregate themselves from the party by sittin in the front by themselves? the front needs to fit a flyhigh bow triangle sac, that is it.
    2003 Mobius LSV GG Edition

I have yet to see one in person, but looking at the pics IMO there is still room for forward thinking
    2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by yager97 View Post
    agreed, the party is in the cabin of the boat. who wants to segregate themselves from the party by sittin in the front by themselves? the front needs to fit a flyhigh bow triangle sac, that is it.
    If that !!! If you did a pickle a guy could get or wakemakers could manufacture a square bag for up there maybe say 60" wide x 36" long x 12" tall to fill the space would be about 900 lbs filled that would be a easy sack for them to make too!!!

I still like the idea of being able to access the bow for docking loading unloading etc but would absolutely love to see a mini bow or stubby bow of some sort
    2007 Outback V

C.Rix im with you brother. I like sitting up in the nose when we are party coveing or if i just want to relax in the sun with a brew but other then that we keep gear up there most of the time. Only when we get a lot of people on the boat do the girls and 1 guy go up there. Then i have to drain some of my nose ballast to make up for it lol. I still love my bow and wouldnt have a boat with out it but id love to see the cabin expanded into the bow, to a point though. Too much and the nose will look very unproportionent.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    C.Rix im with you brother. I like sitting up in the nose when we are party coveing or if i just want to relax in the sun with a brew but other then that we keep gear up there most of the time. Only when we get a lot of people on the boat do the girls and 1 guy go up there. Then i have to drain some of my nose ballast to make up for it lol. I still love my bow and wouldnt have a boat with out it but id love to see the cabin expanded into the bow, to a point though. Too much and the nose will look very unproportionent.
    That could be the new look!!!
    2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that windshield was moved foward on the 242 to do just that. It doesn't have a very large bow
    You, Sir, are correct. Also, check out the NGOBV as the same was done with that design. While I like the thinking, the wife & kiddos love to ride up there and I love corralling them up there when I want/need to have space in the cockpit. I also think the market demands it. There is a reason you can't find closed bow boats any longer.

The new Enzo's have a small bow area, moved hte windshield up 18" or so.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    You, Sir, are correct. Also, check out the NGOBV as the same was done with that design. While I like the thinking, the wife & kiddos love to ride up there and I love corralling them up there when I want/need to have space in the cockpit. I also think the market demands it. There is a reason you can't find closed bow boats any longer.
    In comparison the local dealer I go to had a nautique sport 200 I was surprised to see how small that bow was I liked that a lot!!!
    I the bow on the OBV sitting side by side was actually a bit bigger and lacked in the cockpit too I think that the nautique would be as close to what I am thinking that there is out there but still could go forward

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    The new Enzo's have a small bow area, moved hte windshield up 18" or so.
    really I might have to check out their website not that i would ever buy or afford one
    2007 Outback V