Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    Yikes, thanks for the update. I do NOT like that design...
    my guess is they do it like this because the platform is installed after the most of the boat is together and thus that area is no accessable to put a nut and bolt. i kind of like it because if it were a nut and bolt then im sure i would be taking on water right now
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I have just noticed that 2 of my lower screws broke on the right hand swim platform bracket. Seems to me this is either a design flaw or a manufacturing issue. I only have 40hrs on my 2012 Mojo after two season(yes, weak), I wouldnt expect this to fail so early.

Any chance this would be covered under warrenty?

I think I might just remove the remaining broken screw and epoxy a new one it. Anyone know the length of the original screw?
    "The Boomba" '12 Mojo 345HP

Tow Rig: '08 Duramax

I ended up taking my lower screws out to check for water in the hull. Per the suggestion of Moomba tech support I put boat life life seal calking in the holes and on the screws. Stuff works great and no leaks. Epoxy is great but you put it on the threads the new screws you will not be able to take them off in the future. Unless you want to remove the entire bracket and epoxy all the holes.
    Last edited by MJR63; 10-09-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

This happened to me also on my 12 Mojo after only a few weeks of ownership. Had to be repaired at the dealership under warranty. This is obviously a defect. I believe they had to remove the baslast pumps in the port locker and cut an access hole in the floor to make the repair. They did not plug the pumps in all the way when they replaced everything and it took me forever to figure out why one of my pumps was cutting out....
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs