Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Personal, portable dock??

Some of the places we go have zero beach or place to stop anywhere so we end up the whole day in the boat. Not bad if we don't have a ton of people along but it can get crowded. Especially when a tube gets aired up and then I'm stuck dragging it around, etc.

Saw this on a Bart's Watersports email and thought it looked pretty cool - anyone seen a floating foam dock (for people/gear) like that anywhere?

I'm thinking that could come in real handy sometimes. May be a pain in the butt to bring along and require some planning ahead, but for a weekend or more it could be worth it...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

seems like you can roll it up and strap it to the swimplatform to transport..

i wonder how heavy it is after its wet? it must retain some water

for 1500 bucks!!! no thanks! you'd be better off with one of those floating islands for about 1/3 the price. I'm not going to spend an extra grand just to be able to roll it up and put it on the swim deck to head back... I'd rather take the floating island out.. blow it up with my 12V pump while the kids are swimming and the ballast is filling and then at the end of the day deflate it to head back. my 2c

Now berg that may not work as well for u cause your ballast fills up to fast.... tsk tsk. haha
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    for 1500 bucks!!! no thanks!
    i thought it was 499... not that 499 is really a great price either..

http://www.bartswatersports.com/cata...5677/index.asp

That's pretty cool; there must be another (cheaper) version of those. I've seen a smaller one on our lake at the sandbar before, and it wasn't with a boat that looks like they'd spend $500 on a floating device.
    2013 Outback V

Ah, I didn't even know they sold 'em. Spendy but would pay for itself in a few summers I think. Probably be great for getting the kiddos or newbies started from too. Strap on that kneeboard and go! Sit on the edge with wakeboard ready and you're half way up already. Maybe even a standing start?

Downside would be the 100-200ft of anchor line I'd need to go with it... At the places where there's no beach there's a reason for that - cliff walls. You can be 10ft off the shore and it's over 100ft deep!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Downside would be the 100-200ft of anchor line I'd need to go with it... At the places where there's no beach there's a reason for that - cliff walls. You can be 10ft off the shore and it's over 100ft deep!
    200 feet anchor line with a 40 lbs anchor on it no thank you. I hate pulling up 40 feet of line. Best bet would be two lines to shore in differnt directions.
    A tube also works to help getting kids started and most boats already have one.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...ID=GSHOP_38309

I have an inflatable called an Aquaglide AirPort Classic that works pretty good.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I'd never seen those before KSmith. Those are pretty versatile. Cool Gear!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...ID=GSHOP_38309

I have an inflatable called an Aquaglide AirPort Classic that works pretty good.
    Man that's pretty sweet. I may have to get one of those next year. How much space does it take up deflated, about the same as a tube?

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.