Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How long to winterize?

How long do you take to properly winterize your boat? I am going to time myself this year, maybe even make a video to back it up.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

About 20 seconds. I hit the "down" button on the garage door.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

about 10 sec for my AmEx card to be swiped and receipt signed, not including drive time to the dealer

I think Al did everyone a HUGE favor on this site by providing that awesome step-by-step winterizing procedure with photos. Certainly priceless. A video is the next best thing for sure!

I would say, for me, it takes me a good solid 8 hours. I don't think it would take me more than about 4, but that includes a thorough wash/wax/detail inside and outside the boat. All the engine/tranny/v-drive and misc winterizing doesn't take all that long. It's just the cleaning is what gets me into hotter water with the Mrs!!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

10 seconds, haha. That's what we did in TX until last season when we had a hard freeze for 5+ days and tons of blocks froze/cracked/new ones ordered. Think I'll be doing the Amex route this year myself
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I agree with squeeg.

8 hrs, or a full day here. try to spend the day the 2 of us cleaning/winterizing, then ordering pizza and downing some beer over the course of the day. makes for a nice afternoon and a great way to finish the season/dream about next year.
    batteries are the last thing to come out, as we crank the tunes until done
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Winterizing takes way too long. I do as little as possible to get the anguish over with as I am more excited in the spring to do more. It takes me a couple of hours but I drain the gas tank, run stabile gas through the carb, fog the engine, drain the system and remove the battery. I take off all the bling on the tower and lower it and cover the boat for a long winter's night. I leave it outside all year long so I also remove the trailer pads, the rear deck and the spare tire.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

about 4 hrs myself but thats all detailing/cleaning for the winter sleep
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Just did mine this weekend. Took about 2 hrs including,change oil and tranny fluid. That does Not include the thourough clean/wax and Tarping still to come though.

This was with music playing and taking my time,till the rain storm came,then cleanup was done rather quickly.
    07 Outback DD

Mikey...
    I guess your not going to enjoy the 27 degree friday...that will be my last outing and winterize after that...