Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best time to upgrade

We are looking to trade in our outback for LSV and want to know when the best time is to get the best deal. We live in wisconsin and the summer will be ending soon and want to know if we should do something now or wait until the end of the year or wait until the boat show closer to spring. Last year at the end of summer my marina gave me a pretty good deal but didn't pull the trigger because I was between job positions and wasn't sure what was going to happen but now I've been in this position for a year and am ready to get a new boat. Any advice would be helpful, thank you!
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Generaly the best time to sell is the worst time to buy. Sell when boating season is starting up to the time when weather is really hot because thats when people see all the boats going to the lake and think man i wish we had one. The best time to Buy is always off season when the dealers are slow and looking for buisness. Jan threw March is generaly when my dealer says its the best time to Buy and Service your boat as the shop is vacant. Come April when the sun starts to come out buisness starts ramping up and by Memorial time the shop is so busy theres a waiting line to get in the place.

As for you tis year id sell the boat right now as the there is still some season left, unless you can support buying the new boat in the early part of the year and sell the boat later in the spring. If your trading in then buy/trade Jan to March generaly Boat show time has tons of great deals on the boats and you can make up a little in savings that you lose selling to a dealer.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks, I was thinking of waiting til the boat show but my dealer says he's got some good deals, I just dont want jump in without weighing my options
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

When he offers you a deal run it by us. I'm sure there will be some nice ones at the end of the season. Just heard about a pretty good one near Tampa the other day.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drewdwn View Post
    Thanks, I was thinking of waiting til the boat show but my dealer says he's got some good deals, I just dont want jump in without weighing my options
    Your dealer probably does have some great deals now on 2010 or 2011 boats. You will get a great deal on a 2012 at the boat show. The 2012 will probably still end up costing more, but if you go with a 2011, don't forget to take into account depreciation and/or perception for when you want to sell the boat. NADA doesn't give a flip that you bought a boat late in the season when they provide prospective buyers with a value range. If you're going to keep the boat for a long time, go for the better deal which will probably be the 2011.

personally i think it depends on your area... if you live in a warm climate where you can ride all year round then boat show time is the best time. Up here i think the best time to buy is just after the september long weekend..... people are done using their boats for the year and you can score a deal from someone that doesn't want to winterize their boat and are looking or have already ordered a new one for next year. I realize the winterize part is not much but for some people it's a big deal with lining up storage and making sure you've got everything just so to keep the varmints out to! I person i met this summer at the lake picked up his 2008 LSV with 205 hours... loaded up with every upgrade i'd ever want to do for under 30K!!! i was pretty skeptical until i talked to the local dealer and he even made mention of that boat and that it had been a consignment. there are some crazy deals to be had... you just have to be patient... now for selling your boat well.... that time was 4 months ago. good luck!!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

I told him im going to be patient and that I have found some really good deals online and now he whats to sit down with my on wednesday. I think he might try to give an even better deal. Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know how wednesday goes

What are some good sites for used wakeboard boats? I'm being patient with this one so I get exactly what I want. I want to see what all my options are.
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

How'd the meeting with the dealer go? Onlyinboards.com is the best site I'm aware of.

If you have the space and cash flow to do it Buy a smoking deal this fall hang on to your boat till spring you will get more for yours selling it then
    2007 Outback V