Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Reversible ballast pump locations on '09 or newer LSV?

Hey guy's getting ready to start my switch to reversible Johnson pumps. I have seen a few peoples different install locations for the pumps, but I am wondering where the pumps are installed on the '09 or newer LSV with factory reversible pumps and GIII. Anybody got any pics they would like to share? I would like to make it as close to factory as possible. I really appreciate the help. I am going to try to document my process for a possible DIY thread, not that it hasn't been done already but just to show different ways.

Thanks

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

Mine are on the transom wall of the starboard rear locker. There is a false wall to hide them.. you lose abour 6-8 inches of your locker

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    Mine are on the transom wall of the starboard rear locker. There is a false wall to hide them.. you lose abour 6-8 inches of your locker
    Thanks. Do you think you could snap a pic when you have a chance (I am mostly a visual learner)?

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

Hi 08LSV,

Sorry I haven't gotten you that wiring diagram yet. I forgot to pull it out of my glove box this morning before coming to work. Will leave a reminder in my phone so I don't forget.

As far as mounting on the back wall, I thought about doing that but decided against it cause it will limit how full your 750's will get. I would seriously consider Jester's setup rather than mounting on the back of the transom.

Cheers,

Wade
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Just curious why you are going with the reversible pump set up? Some issues with it as far as I know are much more expensive pumps, not as fast as the 1200 gph aerator pumps, and the impellers burn out if left running dry, have to mess with automatic timers to run pumps on and off.

Seems like a well designed and executed aerator pump set up (three fill pumps, no sprinkler valves, etc) is better overall than the reversible pump set up and much less expensive. What am I missing?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    As far as mounting on the back wall, I thought about doing that but decided against it cause it will limit how full your 750's will get. I would seriously consider Jester's setup rather than mounting on the back of the transom.

Cheers,

Wade
    Disregard as I forgot that you have an LSV so you should have plenty of room to mount on the back transom.

2007 Outback V

08LSV another thing to consider is these pumps take a ton of power to operate. When i was on the Wake9 boat that Wake Makers did in order to have maximum pump power the stereo was off and the engine was running. Now this might be a more extream set up then your going with but keep power in mind. If your not running 2 batteries then you should upgrade to it and you will need to be more carefull if you fill and drain while resting for swimming. Just some thoughts, but im very interested in following your thread to see what you come up with. Im at a point where i have to upgrade my ballast system. I have over bags it so bad it literally takes 30 minutes to fill and drain. Thats too long in my book lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Just curious why you are going with the reversible pump set up? Some issues with it as far as I know are much more expensive pumps, not as fast as the 1200 gph aerator pumps, and the impellers burn out if left running dry, have to mess with automatic timers to run pumps on and off.

Seems like a well designed and executed aerator pump set up (three fill pumps, no sprinkler valves, etc) is better overall than the reversible pump set up and much less expensive. What am I missing?
    why would moomba go to the reversible pump system if the aerator pumps are a better system and much cheaper?

2 things i disagree with are
    the impellers burn out - they are on timers and if my pumps arent pumping water they shut off before they would time out
    having to mess with automatic timers to run pumps on and off- this takes seconds to setup and you can time a perfect fill and perfect empty
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 08-31-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    why would moomba go to the reversible pump system if the aerator pumps are a better system and much cheaper?
    I think to get away with all the primming problems the Airators do have. Its very frustrating as a new owner when your ballast doest fill or drain and you take it to the shop to have them tell you its an air pocket and it will work its self out. Also im sure this few hundred dollars upgrade helps to support the 10K upgrade in price as the new modle that had them came out.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Bingo on the airlock issue. Heck, I've had that problem with my hand bomb Tsunami pump when it came time to drain.
    Last edited by Canuckle Head; 08-31-2011 at 03:27 PM.

2007 Outback V