Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yep, that's the one i was talking about. But hell if you have an x80 you can afford to have it runaway and up on shore ... no biggie. ha
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I guess in hindsight looking at that one, the jet skier could have had a xtra passenger and pulled up alongside the boat and bail onto it if the guy lost it. Same with the cameraman in the first one.

On a totally different note, this struck a memory. A few years ago my brother and I ended up doing a similar river rescue. Old guy had a heart attack behind the wheel and his wife didn't know how to drive the boat. I got up in the front of my brother's jetsled as we roared out and around up behind them, got to about 15-20mph and we pulled up alongside their rear and I did a superman into their boat. Pulled the old timer out of his seat, laid him flat on the floor. Dude had no pulse and nonresponsive. Ran his boat to the launch and called for help. My brother did the most amazing high speed parallel parking job on the dock you'd ever see in a boat and came running over. We ended up dragging the guy out and up on the launch and doing CPR a few steps away from the water's edge until paramedics arrived. All the while our little kids are still sitting in my bro's jetsled watching it all unfold.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Did he live?

Yes, for a while. So the park ranger at the launch had an emergency medipac defrib thing and they started in on him with that until the ambulance arrived. No response. They got there and loaded him up in the ambulance and continued trying with the debrib on the way to the hospital and that was the last we knew.

A few hours later the EMTs came back to the park to get a statement from my brother and I about what had happened, what we did, etc. They said that they had been trying to revive him in the ambulance, basically gave it a "this is the last one" and the guy apparently did one of those gasping for air, regaining of consciousness, startling recoveries. Said that rarely happens - like maybe 20% of the time they get someone back. Anyway they took our statements, thanked us and left.

My brother is a cop, followed up on it after we were home, and I guess about a week later the guy died in the hospital but was at least able to see his family one last time.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I hate RAP!

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMonster View Post
    Wish you had posted this had foul language... Unfortunately my kids happened to be nearby when he dropped the F-bomb at the start
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Berg, WOW.

As for guys surfing behind the parents 100k Mastercrafts-its only there parents boat right-what do they care
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart