Hybrid View

Default Gravity III ballast system sprinkler valves?

I am thinking that my sprinkler valves are not functioning properly. When I turn on any one of my three switches for left, right, or front ballasts, they all fill up. Not necessarily a bad thing but it would be nice to just fill up the center and left for surfing which is what we are doing most of the time.

My question is are the sprinkler valves serviceable or should I just replace them? If replace them do I go back to Moomba and get the oem valves or should I look at a whole new setup?

Also does the water pump ever need servicing, new impeller, cleaning? Seems very slow to fill but then again I do have 2600#'s of ballast. It just sucks because I have to fill all three and then dump the right ballast bag for surfing. Takes about a half an hour total time.
    2013 Tige RZR w/ConvexVX, WetSounds Rev10s, 6x650s, Syn4 and Syn6 amps.
    Surf Quiver 4x Brigade Wakesurfing Surf Boards- Aviator, Zulu, .352 Special, Bomber
    Victoria Skim 2xGremlins, 2x Agents, 1 Factor, 1 Pixie Bri Chmel Pro Model

The sprinkler valves have a switch on them. It's black and right on top. Try using the other position and see if it prevents them all from filling at once. Also, the best bang for the buck mod you can do is to add a T and a second Rule (or other like Tsunami) pump. Here's a pic. I also built a new manifold with an extra inlet for the line from the second pump.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ok I will hook up my fake a lake today and try out those switches. I had see those on their before, and should have thought of using them on the lake this past weekend. I assume the Rule pump is the factory pump on there? Do they get worn out? Do they ever need replaced?
    Surf Quiver 4x Brigade Wakesurfing Surf Boards- Aviator, Zulu, .352 Special, Bomber

I've never heard of one being replaced. The RULE 2000 (really only 1200 gph) is the stock fill pump. I had two extras I bought over the winter a couple of years ago that I used to throw over the side for my Outback's bags. I put one on the TEE and the other one is sitting in a box waiting for my next mod. I might make it the drain pump for the 750 bag.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

If I am going to do a mod to this setup would it be worth while to get two more pumps and just dedicate a pump to each bag? Or should I look your way of doing a tee off the hull intake and fix the sprinkler valves?

It's been done both ways on here. I usually only fill my surf side 750 and the front/center bag for surfing so the two pumps gets me full in about 8 min. We usually fill only the center bag for wakeboarding. If you are going to fill two 750's in the rear and a 400 in the center then you should consider a pump dedicated to each bag. You will probably need to drill a few more holes in the bottom of the hull. Not for the faint of heart but can certainly be done. You just have to decide. Wakemakers can give you some serious help with finding your intakes, equipment, etc. for the switchover.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zroutt View Post
    If I am going to do a mod to this setup would it be worth while to get two more pumps and just dedicate a pump to each bag? Or should I look your way of doing a tee off the hull intake and fix the sprinkler valves?
    Honestly, I wouldn't spend any money on different sprinkler valves. With as much ballast as you are using, you should really look into getting rid of the sprinkler valves altogether and going with a separate fill pump for each bag which is what many of us have done. But you have to address autofilling and autodraining issues. Best thing to do is talk to wakemakers.com to find out what your options are.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV