Quote Originally Posted by zroutt View Post
Well that was an interesting and somewhat education evening in the world of ballast controls and sprinkler valves.

So it turns out that I have one bad solenoid on the starboard side vdrive bag. The other two solenoids are fine and operational. The issue came down to this. When I first got the boat home a couple of weeks ago, the previous owner never used the bags or he says twice. The two vdrive bags had holes in them and leaked like the hoover dam. But in my figuring all this out, I turned the three valves to manual on. DOH!!!! That is why all three bags would fill up at the same time. I remember doing so because I couldn't get the starboard side bag to fill, so I hit the manual override to on, on all three valves thinking that was the issue.

So now knowing how these valves work and don't work. I have one bad valve/solenoid, and two valves that are in pretty bad shape. I went to my local hardware store lastnight and got three new valves ready to drop in.

But before I go and do that I look at the web for Irritrol valves, to get a cost based analysis if I should go that route. Cheapest I could find is $54bucks a piece. I am all for ordering those, if they will improve my fill times enough to justify.

So I ask those on this forum, is it worth it to go to Irritrol, or do I just stick with what I have purchased? I am also going to call wakemakers today and talk to them about the possibility, and setup of a three pump system.
I think someone here did some tests with the Irritrol vs stock and if I remember correctly, there wasn't enough improvement to justify the cost. Might try doin a search on Irritrol and see if that thread comes up.