Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Just 8"... that's what she said!

I just got an '08 Mobius... First boat I have ever had with a tower... got home last night and folded it down. I was hoping it folded down to windshield height...well it doesn't (I don't think). 8" too tall to fit in my garage. Was kinda bummed... but it's cool. Anyways, it folded back toward the stern... is that correct?

chawk - if I remember correct you bought kidder's LS? Also, I believe that tower folds towards the stern, but many folks on here have the LSV (same hull, just Vdrive) and they are able to get the boat in the garage (some are tighter on clearance).

A few tricks, but doubt they work to make up for 8 inch miss:

lower trailer jack
    let air out of tires
    manipulate angle if your driveway slopes one way or the other
    buy a lakehouse & leave it on the lift

Ha, I like your last suggestion! The kicker is I have a really long garage...23'6" so the length is fine.

We have the same issue. Indeed up with a lower hitch just for getting in and out of garage. We use one of these and a floor jack. We have got the routine down and not to bad.

http://www.harborfreight.com/8-in-1-...tch-95991.html
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

With my LSV, I put the tower down and back up till the trailer wheels are just onto the garage floor. I then unhitch and lower the trailer jack all the way down. The tower will go under the door that way when I push the boat back by hand. The driveway is a little steep but with the trailer wheels already sitting in the garage I can roll it back into place.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ok... we got home late last night... so I was worn out and not thinking very clearly... I will get a better look at it today... I am in construction... so one of my remodler contacts says he could make the door taller... but I would rather not if I don't need to...

I should also mention that I put a wheel block right by the garage door for pulling the boat out. I don't want the trailer wheels to ever go through the door until I get it hitched back up. The truck would probably stop it from rolling all the way down the driveway but it would not be pretty.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

No... it wouldn't I cant get my wheels to the raised "lip" of the garage before the tower would hit.

I have a 7' door, and I need to go from a 2" drop hitch for normal towing, to an 8" drop hitch when moving the boat in and out of the garage. When doing this, the top point of the folded towner brushes the weather-stripping on the garage door frame. It's a PITA, but it only takes another 5 minutes time.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Well worth it to have an LSV. I was just happy I could get it in there at all. With removable platform, fold down tower and swing away tongue-- we're golden.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!