Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting there

I sure will.
    2013 Tige RZR w/ConvexVX, WetSounds Rev10s, 6x650s, Syn4 and Syn6 amps.
    Surf Quiver 4x Brigade Wakesurfing Surf Boards- Aviator, Zulu, .352 Special, Bomber
    Victoria Skim 2xGremlins, 2x Agents, 1 Factor, 1 Pixie Bri Chmel Pro Model

Getting 'er dialed in.

After some issues with ballast switches, solenoids, fuses, the last couple of weeks. Got out on the lake yesterday with a full 750#'s in the vdrive locker, 1100#'s in center locker, 6 adults on surfside, 100# dog + driver on starboard side, this wave had more push than I knew what to do with. I wished the people in the boat got a better video of me after this. We did a full rotation and everybody on the boat was able to surf. Most didn't let go of the rope which was fine, but they all got to experience the push.

This was my first rotation and still getting it dialed in. The center locker drained a little bit before I knew it so filled it up for my second session and surfed for almost 2mins free wired. People in the boat were so stoked they forgot to film it. I also surfed up to the swimplatform and successfully backed off with applying pressure on my backfoot. I even got the pump down to get back to the pocket a couple of times. Anyways here is the first surf of the day. The wave only got better as we kept going and played with trim. So now to order another bag to put in place when I don't have all the people ballast.

Surf Quiver 4x Brigade Wakesurfing Surf Boards- Aviator, Zulu, .352 Special, Bomber

Woo hoo - lookin much better! Looked like you were fighting some rough water there as well. Surfing on some butter and you'll be tearing it up even more.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

It sucked that they didn't get the second of my session. The wave was everything I have been looking for, was carving up and down, pumped to get into the pocket a couple of times, fully free wired.

We went back into a cove with no traffic and it was about as butter as I am going to expect from this boat. I am still smiling as I write this. Brings back so much memory of surfing in Santa Cruz through high school and early college. So glad to have found this sport that I can get back to what I like to refer to the end of a session. "A state of blissful exhaustion"

Yup, that's looking a heckuva lot better. I think you can get it even a little better but you know what you need to know now so you can fine tune it. I'd say ENJOY, but you seem to already have that part down!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Just dawned on me - you riding in a river or anywhere with a current?

On Wednesday night here we did a little surfing and although our river has finally slowed down there is still a current. I'll run about 10.5-11mph downstream, the drop it to around 8.5-9mph to run back upstream. I'm PP Stargazer GPS based so gotta make up for the moving water underneath us.

Although I didn't think it made much of a difference initially, my daughter wakeboarding was asking for more speed changes too. Ran her 21.5 downstream, 19.5 upstream to keep her happy.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

No we are on Angostura Lake, about 40 minutes from Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota. The chop was coming from another boat that had the parents of a couple of teenagers getting their first surf session on. Their daughter was driving and didn't realize they were causing our chop.

After they disappeared back to the beach, I added some more ballast to the front, and it was an amazing wave with about a 5ft pocket and plenty of push. Got a good 1.5-2min ride wireless. Felt so good. Can't wait to get back out there this morning.

Ordered a tsunami hand pump and some fittings for my other 750#er in case we don't have enough people ballast. Supposed to be delivered this am by UPS.