Thread: Wake Problems

Default Wake Problems

Very frustrating the last 3 weeks I've been out. I have a 2010 LSV and have problems with the top of the wake. There's like a lip of curl on the starboard side of the wake that catches your board and doesn't allow you to go wake to wake. When I look on the port side, the wake is nice and smooth at the top. Any ideas what could be causing this? I've tried changing the ballast and wakeplate and its till the same.

A Lip is caused by too much weight on one side of the boat. There's a progressive point to the wave.

White wash means not planed out
    White Wash means not enough weight on that side
    Wave is dark has a round top = enough weight is there but has no ramp
    Wave is dark with a ramp and nice top means your weight and speed is dialed in
    Wave is dark with a curl or slight washed look like white caps. Generally that side is over weighted and you either need to speed up slightly or shift weight more.

The wake plate can also help effect the Lip and ramp of your wave.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 08-29-2011 at 10:28 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    A Lip is caused by too much weight on one side of the boat. Theres a progressive point to the wave.

White wash means not planed out
    White Wash means not enough wight on that side
    Wave is dark has a round top = enough weight is there but has no ramp
    Wave is dark with a ramp and nice top means your weight and speed is dialed in
    Wave id dark with a curl or slight washed look like white caps. Generaly that side is over weighted and you eighter need to speed up slightly or shift weight more.

The wake plate can also help effect the Lip and ramp of your wave.
    What he said...

Man Mike good education piece! I think I need to print that out and take it with me tomorrow.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by 08LSV View Post
    What he said...

Man Mike good education piece! I think I need to print that out and take it with me tomorrow.
    Haha thanks but i didnt notice my typos boo was watching Shaun Murray wakeboard videos LOL. Man i love watching the pros that make it look so effortless.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

What typos? Looks ready to print to me. Nice job, Mike.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I might print this as well ni always have to do trail and error. Which is annoying for the people in he boat. Also annoying for me since I'm behind the boat. Sometimes I get lucky and the people in the boat cooperate with me. Really hard to move people around while 60 ft behind the boat.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Yea im with you guys. I am lucky in the fact that my bro Steve who goes out with us a lot plans to buy our boat when im ready to sell it LOL So hes a great driver and really trys to pay attention when hes driving to making adjustments. Still though as the owner when your being pulled you never seem to get quite the wave, or stereo everyone else gets when your driving LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]