Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Brad, I am sorry to hear about your issue. I strongly recommend contacting NHSTA.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ View Post
    I am pretty sure the paperwork I have for my trailer has a statement/document that recommends contacting the NHTSA, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, if you have a safety issue with your trailer. If you had had an issue you should contact them, maybe Boatmate has been doing this already everytime they are notified of a problem.

I am so mad I could Spit nails..
    I have it sold for Tuesday and had plans of a new boat. I cant get it in to dealer until Wednesday.. IF i can even get it there... its in the garage and the tire is on the fender..
    This is SO inconvenient..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Ian, Anyone,
    Do you have an email for Jerry @ boatmate?

thanks
    Brad

2004 Outback sold

that sucks big time, im waiting for the day i get to my storage and mines broke. any idea how much an axle costs?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Well, I did get the old axle off today... thats a big start... since I couldnt move the boat with the tire resting on the fender/frame..

I did speak to the purchaser of the boat.. he is ok with delaying until this weekend.. hopefully, I can get the axle from boatmate ASAP>
    Brad

2004 Outback sold

brad. That sucks. Glad you got it sold and glad the new buyer is cooperating, you making a road trip to la or meeting half way.

Ian with this being a part warranty, why woul they not warranty the labor through the dealer?
    Last edited by jmvotto; 09-18-2011 at 08:21 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

so is the new owner paying for the axle? i mean it is his boat at this point if he already paid
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    so is the new owner paying for the axle? i mean it is his boat at this point if he already paid
    IMHO that would be a BS move to pull a stunt like that and wash you hands of the deal, even before the guy took delivery. If someone pulled that shit with me, I'd go ape sh!t
    2017 Moomba Craz

Of course I'm covering it.
    The purchaser is out of state. Has mailed me a deposit. I am PRETTY Sure he would back out if I said it was his responsibility!
    I am just hoping I can get the axle quick enough to hold the deal!
    Brad

2004 Outback sold

I gotta speak up for Jerry @ Boatmate.. He got back to me real quick this am. Getting me an axle out quickly.. I may be painting it myself.. but otherwise, it would be next week... Very helpful guy.. apologetic for the issue.. Outside vendor makes the torsion cartridge.. problem fixed since 2008..
    As I told him, problems happen... fixing the problem is where a company can really shine.. I was 5 months out of warranty AND not the original owner.. I get that.. no issue.. The price for the axle and shipping is pretty fair for what you get.. If it wasnt for shipping, it wouldnt be bad at all.. but I couldnt drive to TN for $120.. so!
    I may be checking in with a couple of you who have done your own later this week..
    Brad

2004 Outback sold