Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

waiting for mine to show up, not warranteed (not the original owner sounded like a BS bail) $451, I'll do the work as I dont know how to move the trailer out of my garage to do it elsewhere. I'll time it. hope the ML doesnt run too deep for my help and slow down the pace.
    06 Mobius LS

Considering that Boatmate knows damn well that this is an issue I don't see how they cannot warranty ALL of these trailers. What a typical corporate cop out. How would they know you were not the original owner if you didn't tell them? The more and more I read about these the more and more it seems inevitable.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

I am pretty sure the paperwork I have for my trailer has a statement/document that recommends contacting the NHTSA, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, if you have a safety issue with your trailer. If you had had an issue you should contact them, maybe Boatmate has been doing this already everytime they are notified of a problem.

I had to pay for mine and I am an original owner. Took me more than a couple of hours but I guess I am slow
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

you know - when this came up last year I contact Jerry at boatmate to see about my trailer. He indicated that if it was going to fail it probably would have already. But time and time again I read of another member's single axle failing. And there seems to be no certain years. This thread alone there is an 05 and 08. I'm thinking it's not a matter of "if", but "when"??

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Jerry said it wouldn't fail again, trust him. I hope he is right. I didn't really care for the job. Had to do it by myself. I did it 2 weeks before the tornado took my place out. Thank goodness I did it when I did. I had to get the boat out of there.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Too bad the fender is on the wrong side of the boat otherwise i'd take it off your hands LOL. Actually mine is Navy blue . Too bad about the axle,though. My tire blew and Fender mangeled but i see that the axle etc all seemed fine.Now i've gotta start the slow process of gathering parts so i can fix it all in Spring, Woulda been too late to get parts here before seasons end in a couple weeks without paying exorbitant shipping fees, Luckily i have friends that took pity on me and i'm going out likely this weekend.
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    So the next question, why do they use torsion axles? It seems like trusty old leaf springs would have much less to worry about, as I've read about the torsion axles failing quite a bit. I wonder how hard it would be to convert.
    Good question but let me enlighten you some here concerning trailers used in salt water. I have a 25ft long Proline fishing boat that is sitting on dual axles. After 3 years of use you cannot even recognize the leaf springs the corrosion is so BAD. So anyone who uses leafs in saltwater is used to replacing them every 3 to 4 years. However, there is a trick, if the leafs fail, it is called a block of wood, with this you can get home. You jack up the boat and trailer and place the block of wood between the axle and trailer, can't do this with the torsion axle.
    The hot ticket here in Panama City is the torsion axles. Now if anyone wants to start a collection for me!

PS. I have a 2008 LS with a single axle boatmate trailer and so far...................we are good. But the boat sits in a lift in the back yard and I only use the trailer to pull it out in the winter(end of October) and put her back in the water in the spring (March).
    PSS. Oh I forget I did have a leaf spring break in half on a MasterCraft years ago. Luckily I was 50ft from the house.

My salt water days are over with. I did it with my last boat and after a new trailer, 2 manifolds, 2 risers and a head I done had enough. I will ride in someone elses if I am near salt water
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

DANG YOU BOATMATE~!
    I have my boat sold for delivery TUESDAY... I come home from travelling all week and my Cartridge Failed this week~!!! UGH! The boat is supposed to go to Louisiana and now it can't leave my garage! I am going to go postal on Boatmate!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold