Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You got a Gibson SG????? Standard or Special?

I hope to buy mine around the 1st of the new year

Thanks for the heads up on the watch. Nice, but not me. I don't wear or carry watches.

When I'm camping, I don't even care what time it is. I wake up with the sun, I eat when I'm hungry, I set up camp when I'm tired. I got a Garmin Etrex and a compass and that's all I need.

For running, I have a Garmin Forerunner, GPS based training partner.

I hate swimming

I'm a collector of BAD WATCH KARMA..
    I have been cursed ever since I found a watch in a hotel 10 years ago and kept it. It was long lost behind a piece of furniture. I am pondering a sacrifice to the watch gods to regain some good watch karma. Just sent one of my watches back in for replacement this month.. 2nd time this year. killed a cheap one wakeboarding while good one was off at repair.. and other good one wont stay clasped... gotta send it off..

Think I am going to learn the sundial and give up on watches.. And to think about buying a real expensive watch?????? no way... I'd crack it smashit, lose it, or something..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

waterdawg....

when you get a chance, throw a picture of that Gibson on here.

would love to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    waterdawg....

when you get a chance, throw a picture of that Gibson on here.

would love to see it
    Not sure what happened to my reply but I actually do not personally own an SG. A friend does. BUT, I am looking to buy my father one and have been in the process of looking and saving for a while now.

He used to have a 74? SG when he was rockin in those weird clothes that you fellas used to wear and has always wanted another, but just never bought one for himself. But now he thinks he likes the sound of an old Strat that his local guitar guy let him play better. It changes too often. We, although him more than I are guitar buffs so their are many different we like.

So, not to completely hi jack this thread.....Who has some of these nice Britlins??? (sp?) Id like to see em... I think I am going to start carrying a classic time piece as well as a pocket square.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

"But now he thinks he likes the sound of an old Strat that his local guitar guy let him play better."

Depends on what songs he wants to play. Some require the sound of the Strat, some require the sound of a Gibson. If your into guitars, you gotta have both!

You can pick up a new SG Standard with hard shell case for about $1200

A SG Special with hard shell case goes around $700.

Dawg, went to the guitar store yesterday with the intentions of purchasing a Gibson SG Standard.

As soon as I picked it up, I hated it!

Felt like a toy guitar. Just put it back on the rack without playing it

I'm with your Dad... I like my Strat better.

e