Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I want to say they were 3/8th course thread. I didnt look at diameter as much as length i wanted them to be long enough to bite but not so long they would go into the floor and runners so deep.
    one more question, did you just use a silicon sealant on the lag bolts when you installed them to keep the water demons out? I'm assuming you have to predrill the holes as well?

Thanks
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    You're all set for the big shindig now, right?
    Doubt it. Didn't see any beers in the boat yet.

@ Kaneboats almost ready for the shindig lol Need to stock up on beer and readjust my cabin amp. I had a nasty little water leak this summer and fried serveral of my amps and had to replace them. Got that fixed and retuned the new amps just have a little to much low pass going to the cabins.

@mnpracing No i didnt use any silicon sealent as this is in the rear of the boat and theres nothing to rot there. I also didnt want to deal with not being able to remove the bolts. Maybe i should remove them and add a bit of silicon but i just didnt think of it.

Also NO DONT PREDRILL this. The lag bolts have a point on them and with the fiberglass you want the lag to really bit. I predrilled 1 hole and that bolt striped out real easy so i had to move it up an inch. Just let the lag self tap in. It will go right in and bite really nice with the fiberglass.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I want to brace my lockers like that. On the picture the vertical brace seems to be more than 3/4 wide. Like home depot is not close to my house I want to be sure that 3/4 angle bars will be stiff enough.

So are the vertical ones 3/4 inch wide too?
    Mobius LSV 2011
    GIII, V2 Tower, Indmar 325,

Great how-to! I just have a question on how this now affects your maintenance? These lockers and engine compartments are small enough to work in, have you changed your impeller or done your winterization on summerization with these brackets in the way?
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Thanks for all the details on this. I followed and braced mine the same way. Didn't pre-drill for the lag bolts and they bit in nicely. I ensured the upright braces were not in the way for any engine maintenance and that I cleared the swivel locks for the wall.

I would just make sure you use the 1/8" thick pieces. Thinner than that and they are too flimsy. Everything from Home Depot today was $49. I had to get 2 ea 3' pieces of the aluminum since HD did not have enough 4 footers. Took a couple hours start to finish. I just triple checked everything before making any cuts and worked to make sure the uprights were not in the way. Worst case, you can always unbolt them for maintenance work if needed.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

Hans yes 3/4 is the size i used on everything for that. Its more then enought because all its really doing is keeping the panel from warping. Its not holding the weight of the 1100.

Cigars and Scotch Yes i have done all the maintenance and nothing is in the way. I do the Impeller from the top of my engine. I can reach everything i need to get access to.

Millerda glad you got it all set up
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike, did you ever get a video of the wave? I'm thinking of moving to 1100s in the rear from 750s. If I don't put any weight in front and only have the 1100s in the rear how short will the pocket be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Mike, did you ever get a video of the wave? I'm thinking of moving to 1100s in the rear from 750s. If I don't put any weight in front and only have the 1100s in the rear how short will the pocket be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You need weight upfront with the 1100

Yeah, you should just copy lsvboombox's setup.