Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Default Winter Modifications (what are your plans)

Hey guys! Figured it's about that time to start posting our winter project ideas. Let's see what you have planned so we can feed off of each other's ideas.

2000 Moomba Outback LS

- Hydro turf floor
    - Sea Dek pad
    - New speakers
    - New panel switch to control LEDS on speakers and in boat lighting
    - Clean up all my wiring
    - Swivel platform for drivers seat

Here's my base line plans for now, see what I get accomplished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my fall/winter stuff... This pile of stuff will get me started... New(ish) boat = starting over on mods.

4 port heatercraft heater
    upgrade basement bag to 1100 (easy)
    change out polk tower speakers to HLCD kickers and rewire amps to more efficiently power the system
    put on the CIPA vision 180 mirror (easy)

I'd also like to some of my DIY transom lights and the drain plug CREE light
    I'd love it if I was able to pull off installing RGBW accent/speaker/cupholder lighting in the boat
    I'd be stoked if I could do an upgrade of the ballast pumps
    Maybe even fab up a surf system if I get ambitious.

Of course, it's entirely possible that beyond the obvious easy stuff, my list might end up being something like:
    1) Winterize
    2) Snowboard
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

The lighting is really easy if you do it the way I am. I have 2 deist riveting panels 1 in 8 out that I'm going to run to a switch panel with built in breaker. Run the whole distribution panel to a single switch and I can effectively power 8 LED light on 1 switch. I'm running all my speaker LEDS on one switch then all internal accent lighting off of another. I'll take pictures as I set it all up.

Where it says desist riveting that was auto correct, it's DISTRIBUTION PANEL

Quote Originally Posted by MoombaPat View Post
    The lighting is really easy if you do it the way I am. I have 2 deist riveting panels 1 in 8 out that I'm going to run to a switch panel with built in breaker. Run the whole distribution panel to a single switch and I can effectively power 8 LED light on 1 switch. I'm running all my speaker LEDS on one switch then all internal accent lighting off of another. I'll take pictures as I set it all up.

On my last boat, I ran my LED's as follows:
    1) boat LED's on the court light circuit to the OEM switch
    2) transom LED's to the Aux switch
    3) tower light bar on another OEM switch

doing single color LED's was a piece of cake. just tapping into the court light wiring in the boat or wiring a +/- into a switch. basic.

This time around I'm thinking of going all out and doing RGBW, which would require 5 conductors going to a controller. It's a TON more wiring. But in the end, I think it will be pretty awesome, so I'm thinking about making the big jump to RGBW.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have to store mine all winter... garage is like 2 feet too short... really sucks.. so trying to get stuff done before I put it away.

- Green bulb to White LED replacement on dash pods (still have middle 2 to do, hard to get the green ones out.

- Tore out back carpet, still need to lay down the Bed Liner

- Going to cut access hole into ski locker to drain water from below the floor. (got the plate, just need to cut it)

- Getting a vinyl guy to come out and hopefully fix my rear storage locker cushions

I need a day off work to get shit done, just no time in the evenings with kids
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    I need a day off work to get shit done, just no time in the evenings with kids
    Story of my life man...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Planning on doing some surfing over the winter.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Maybe something like this-

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

man, i wish the LSV had that layout at the front where the sun deck comes into the boat.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]