Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here is a pic underneath

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Does the newer boats have a different fuel tank in them then previous years? Didn't know if this was something I could do to my 2006 or not. I was thinking the hole in the center of my tank wasn't as big as what is being shown in the pictures above. Another thing is does anyone know if there is away for someone to move the fuel pump to in tank like the pictures above show so that wouldn't have to deal with vapor lock. I konw the pump getting hot can't be good on the pump. Or atleast I know on cars it isn't.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    Does the newer boats have a different fuel tank in them then previous years?
    Yeah it looks like the newer boats with the t-handle installed have a different tank setup. Here is a picture of the gas tank from Newty's 2008 LSV that he posted on wakeworld showing his DIY carpet replacement. My 2008 LSV gas tank is the same. I am guessing the 2006 would be similar to the '08. Easy enough to pull up your floor panels and check. There is a hole towards the front that appears to be big enough put a drain with a "T" handle in. I am going to be working on my boat tomorrow so I will try to take the measurements and see if the hull has a flat spot in the bottom of that hole.

The thread from Newty - http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787634
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 08LSV; 08-26-2011 at 10:03 PM.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

if you can get some numbers that would be a great help for someone with a newer boat to compare the layout. I was going to look at the above pic with the hole between the track fins,however im not sure that will work in my 08 due to the layout of the fuel tank. i was thinking as far forward as i could get it in the transmission opening if the gas tank wouldnt work.either way there going to be a t handle in the boat asap,i will not have water in my boat with a cover over it causing it to have a sour smell.

and by the way im open to any ideas

So I have good news and bad news about adding a "T" handle drain. There is a flat spot on the bottom of the hull in the '08 lsv but it is not accesable from the top through the tank. The only thing I could figure out would be to add a drain that you accessed from the underneath the boat. There would be limited drag on the plug as it is located between the tracking fins which would help to divert water around it. The tank is raised about 1" from the bottom of the hull so you would have to be careful when drilling through not to hit your gas tank. This is probably the way I will go, while not convenient it at least allows me to drain the water when i want to without removing the floor and vacuuming it out.

Here is a pic of the gas tank on my '08 LSV. Notice the hole towards the bow in the tank.
    IMG_1618.jpg

The good thing is that the hole is large enough to fit a "T" handle and your hand in to drain the water as this seems to be the lowest accessible point of the hull.
    IMG_1621.jpg

The bad news is that there is also a flat spot on the bottom of the hull, but it does not line up with the hole in the gas tank. It is smack dab in the center of the gas tank were no hole is available.
    IMG_1615.jpg

The spot on the bottom of the hull that lines up with the hole in the gas tank is just to the front of the first tracking fin. The problem here is that this is also the place were the hulls deep "V" shape begins. Not sure if you could put it off to one side of the center line or how it would affect the structural integrity of that part of the hull.
    IMG_1614.jpg

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

priceless info. how close is the second hole to being over the flat spot? could i mod the tank? i know nothing about polymer work. I hate to try to find a newer tank when mine works

Yeah what about the hole in the center of the tank? I know that the hoses go there but could possibly put something there to keep the hoses to the side of the hole to reach the T-handle.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by weston579 View Post
    how close is the second hole to being over the flat spot? could i mod the tank?
    Not even close from what I could tell, the flat spot is in the middle of the tank between the two holes from the measurements I took... Your on your own with the tank mod, that is one bear I wouldn't poke with a stick if you paid me...

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    Yeah what about the hole in the center of the tank? I know that the hoses go there but could possibly put something there to keep the hoses to the side of the hole to reach the T-handle.
    The problem with the other hole is that from what I remember it is directly over one of the tracking fins.... I am heading back over to do some ballast work on it tomorrow so I can spend some more time than I had the other day to double check my measurements.

I picked up a 2" brass drain from west marine earlier just to see if it will fit the flat spot under the hull. May not be convenient but at least it will be there if I need it. Anybody have any other ideas before I start drilling?

------Sold-------

Default T Hadle Drain Plug install

What about putting that T-Handle next to the bilge pump. I am shooting from the hip on this one! Not ideal placement but definitely help to have another drain.
    08 LSV, Perfect Pass, Grav III, 325 Indmar Assault and I love it!

After speaking to skiers choice about a newer tank install that wouldn't work due to the fuel pump being inside the tank, decided to put a hole in the flat spot between the front 2 track fins. Im going to just remove the plug from the bottom and cut the head off the T handle to make a recessed access. The plugs are brass, so its easy to do whatever you want with it.

The bilge is over the rear v in the hull.