Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by weston579 View Post
    After speaking to skiers choice about a newer tank install that wouldn't work due to the fuel pump being inside the tank, decided to put a hole in the flat spot between the front 2 track fins. Im going to just remove the plug from the bottom and cut the head off the T handle to make a recessed access. The plugs are brass, so its easy to do whatever you want with it.

The bilge is over the rear v in the hull.
    Yeah. I just measured again today.... No dice... I am gonna do mine from the bottom as well. Just be careful not to hit the gas tank when your drilling through. I picked up a drain with 2" flange at west marine the other day. It was about $9. You know they make plug that is slotted for an allen wrench. That way it could be tightened down flush with the flange. I don't think there would be much issue with using a regular plug since it is between the fins there would not be much drag. I need to find a hole saw that is shorter than the one I have. I was going to drill it today when I was drilling the holes for my ballast, but the drill wouldn't fit between the boat and brace on the trailer.

Allen Drain.jpg

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

If you mind take a few pics. I'm a little nervous about drilling a a hole without taking the floor you and move the tank. Buy if you font have any trouble that would be way quicker. Good luck with it tho

If you mind take a few pics. I'm a little nervous about drilling a a hole without taking the floor you and move the tank. Buy if you font have any trouble that would be way quicker. Good luck with it tho
    OK. I will take pics and try to do a DIY for it.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

o8LSV i found this at bas pro for 10 dollars and would work perfect for out situation.place the head inline with the track fins and if you forget the plug it will help by having a teflon ball that stops water from flowing into the boat. The ball is held into place by a taper on the top and a stainless rod on the other so there's no way to loos it

http://www.boatersoutlet.com/garboar...eadedbase.aspx

o8LSV i found this at bas pro for 10 dollars and would work perfect for out situation.place the head inline with the track fins and if you forget the plug it will help by having a teflon ball that stops water from flowing into the boat. The ball is held into place by a taper on the top and a stainless rod on the other so there's no way to loos it

http://www.boatersoutlet.com/garboar...eadedbase.aspx

Thanks. I don't think it will work though I could not find the measurements for the height. There is on about 1inch max between the hull and gas tank... I am planning to drill the hole this weekend, so then I can measure from the bottom and see how much room is there. I'll let you know when I get the measurements. Thanks again.

Craig

------Sold-------

I really would like to install a drain in my 05 LSV. It has the recess between the fins on the keel, but I'm concerned about drilling from the bottom with the gas tank in place. I bought the proper drain plug and mount, and plan on removing/installing it from below to help dry/clean it out the bilge prior to storage.
    Has anyone done it from the bottom without tank removal?

Thanks
    BB
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV