Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Putting T Handle in LSV. How do I remove the floor?

Just bought an 08 LSV and found out no T Handle. I test drove a 2010 with a center plug and didn't think about looking for one on the 08. So im going to add one to help it drain. The only hold up is the floor. How does the two metal plates come out? I have looked at most of the mods and cant find any screw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and photos are a huge plus.

Quote Originally Posted by weston579 View Post
    Just bought an 08 LSV and found out no T Handle. I test drove a 2010 with a center plug and didn't think about looking for one on the 08. So im going to add one to help it drain. The only hold up is the floor. How does the two metal plates come out? I have looked at most of the mods and cant find any screw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and photos are a huge plus.
    I'm assuming your 08 is the same as my 06. There are four screws holding each panel down. They are very close to the corners of each panel with the exception of the corner near the driver's seat. On miine, that screw is about 6" from the corner, along the starboard side of the panel. The phillips screw heads are hidden in the carpet so you have to look for them but they are there.

Let us know how you do this mod. I am sure there are many of us that would be curious to see it.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

How do you plan to access the t handle ?

fyi, my 08-the forward floor panel only had 3 screws holding it down, there was none in the drivers corner.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    fyi, my 08-the forward floor panel only had 3 screws holding it down, there was none in the drivers corner.
    Same here. Glad you are doing this as it was top on my winter to-figure-out/to-do list!

thanks for the help. i plan on cutting out the center of the rear panel to make a door with a hinge over the hole in the gas tank. The 2010 has the same gas tank so i know i have room just need to lay it out and cut the hole in the floor and a 3/4 hole in the hull after taking the gas tank out.

I found this 2 seconds after writing the post. not what im doing but helpful none the less
    http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787634

pic of the 2010 with the access door
    http://www.carolinainboard.com/newbo...10-moomba-lsv/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by weston579; 08-23-2011 at 08:21 PM.

I'd be interested in seeing how this works for the two of you guys. I always seem to have water stuck in the hull of the boat. The plug on the back of the boat to me seems useless.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Here's a link to the style I was looking at: http://www.jmsonline.net/perko-garbo...0266dp0plb.htm

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Here's a link to the style I was looking at: http://www.jmsonline.net/perko-garbo...0266dp0plb.htm
    Dan that is the same plug I have been eying on JMS. It would be great if you guys could do a "how to" when you figure it out. I have wanted to do this ever since I bought mine. Thought it was weird that my friends boats all had them and not mine. I wonder if a 2010 floor panel with the hole already made would fit my '08. Anybody know what the cost is to replace a floor panel?

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

Will do on the how-to. I'm just planning to add a deck plate rather than mess with the hinged panel.

For reference, here are a couple pics I took of at the boat show this year. It's interesting that they just put a round, black deck plate for the fuel pump access hole but went through the trouble of putting a carpeted, removeable square panel (it's not hinged, BTW) for the drain plug. For uniformity, why not make them both the same??

Al

2006 Mobius LSV