Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wade. Mike? Bueller?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sorry Joe, I am at a loss other than I think you're problem lies in how you have the switches wired to the fill pump. Is there any way to jump the GI switch from the dash into the GIII switch rather than trying to connect it at the pump? I had that same harness wiring as you but had to strip it completely and rewire for the Johnson pumps in 10 gage.

I seem to remember that the power and grounds were interconnected........ Or am I way off base here?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

maybe that might do the trick but not really sure how i would do that at the relay without getting the same result. Hmmm puzzled?

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

still working this one out, been a busy week sorry. I will try to draw this out tonight and see if i can come up with some ideas
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

took the splicing harness out and connected. each fill to each pump gi to pump1 and giii to pump 2 no issues with the leds. now need to water test. wanted both pumps to run when any of the four fill switches were pressed.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    wanted both pumps to run when any of the four fill switches were pressed.
    I had sort of the same issue before. I started with GIII and wanted to add another Rule pump to the same intake and have both of them come on any time any of the switches were on fill. The wires connected to my original pump were marked at the pump connection and at the switch in tiny lettering on a white tab. I was just going to run new wire from the new pump and match with (tie into) the existing pump wiring at the switch, then just double the size of the pump fuse in the fuse block to handle the load of 2 pumps running. Not sure if it would have worked since I never finished that and started on Fman's Tsunami 800 upgrade (That didn't work like I wanted to either so I am going with the Johnson's now.). I am working on the boat tomorrow, do you want me to take pics or anything of the wiring on the back of my switches or fuse block since it is factory GIII?

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

08lsv, thanks. I am just having a hard time figuring out why I am getting a electrical back feed to the gi switch, which open the valve. I guess it I wire them separately. I would theoretically have the same pump power. I pump for gi and one for the giii, when filling multiple bags it should work fine.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

08lsv, thanks. I am just having a hard time figuring out why I am getting a electrical back feed to the gi switch, which open the valve. I guess it I wire them separately. I would theoretically have the same pump power. I pump for gi and one for the giii, when filling multiple bags it should work fine.
    Ahh ok i think this clicked in my head now lol. So when you turn on the G3 the G1 switch activates also? Yes this is prolly due to if you split off the same power wire it will power both switches. You have to run a deddicated power to each switch bank. Or you might have the power on the wrong terminal on the ballast switch and its fedding it backwards. This would mean it still works but sends voltage down the daisey chain to the G1 again. Simple fix would be run a deddicated power line from the fuse panel. I think this is what you have been working on. Sorry Jm just havnt been able to get my mind to focus very well this week. Been hell all week mentaly.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike, thanks for the input. But I am not sharing power between the gi and giii until I get to the pumps. I wonder if a I I need a relay on the gi prior to the splicing of the power to the fill pumps to stop the back feed of power.

FYI the water test failed both pumps have to be on to fill anything when connected on a tee. Can't have in pump for the one and one pump for the hiking if sharing same intake.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

FYI the water test failed both pumps have to be on to fill anything when connected on a tee. Can't have in pump for the one and one pump for the hiking if sharing same intake.
    Only way i have seen the same intake shared for multiple pumps its to T them off. That way when one pump comes on its pulling water to its side and vis versa.
    [COLOR="#696969"]