Default Another day for idiots on the lake.

Some days on the lake idiots come out and cause problems.

Yesterday we had several of them. The first was everyone was floating in a cove to hide from the wind and swim. Some idiot in an expensive comp boat decided this was a great place to teach someone how to wakeboard. But wait that is not all they did it with full ballast and did power turns to pick up the person. I understand trying to find nice water but really learn to get up early and learn in the morning or evening or deal with the chop.
    The second was at the boat ramp. At this boat ramp there is a short dock in between the ramps that is only long enough for a boat to use to get off the trailer and one that is pushed off to the side for people to use to tie up too and is long enough for 9 boats. The longer dock was not even close to being full but this 34 foot boat pulled up to the small dock blocking one of the ramps. If a boat is on this dock you cannot load or unload without hitting the boat. They pull their trailer down and cut off everyone in line to use the ramp since there boat was on this dock first. Everyone else in line was on the other dock or floating outside the area waiting for their tow rig that was in line. The bad thing is the police boat just pulled out not even 2 minutes before this happened.
    Other than that I was able to get on the water and enjoy the day. Some good wakeboarding and was able to almost get a new person up on the wakeboard.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I see these idiots all the time on Saturday Sunday which is why i love having Mon Tues off to go boating LOL. Sounds like you might have been at Fall Creek there boat ramp sounds like what you described.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yup had similar experiences myself this last weekend! We were at our fav lake Thursday night - Sunday. Over the course had three seperate incidents of idiots cutting across our bow while pulling a boarder, two of them resulted in my having to chop throttle! Dumba$$es! Of course then there was the idiot with his jetski across the end of the dock so niether side could be accessed cleanly. He's just sitting on the dock holding his ski there so I yell at him while coming into my trailer that i'll probably hit him if he doesn't move, he moved rather quickly! GEEZ!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Yup i was at Fall Creek. If i have a great boat crew i head to a like most people do not go too but this time i did not so i go to a lake with a dock. Mike are you going out next Monday and Tuesday?

Yes you have to love the jetskiers. I forgot about them being stupid. Always nice to yell at people to get them to use some common since.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Yup i was at Fall Creek. If i have a great boat crew i head to a like most people do not go too but this time i did not so i go to a lake with a dock. Mike are you going out next Monday and Tuesday?

Yes you have to love the jetskiers. I forgot about them being stupid. Always nice to yell at people to get them to use some common since.
    I always go out Mon Tues if i got a crew LOl. I was going to go out today but weather wasnt clearing up and i know im headed out tomorrow so i pushed today out. Plus i was working on the boat again. I installed a sweet custom bracing system for my 1100s and i was doing stereo repairs. I been blowing amps this year and blew a speaker also. It took a luittle while but i found a bad water leak on my tower foot and just the right splash was bowing my amps by getting them wet. I found a torn cabin speaker as well today that i had to replace.

You going to be in the area? Whats your thoughts?
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike that sucks. A little water does a lot of damage. I might be taking Monday and Tuesday off and will be in Portland this weekend so I was thinking of staying in the area. If your heading out on the water it would be great to get a few pulls.

Hey bro if your in Portland ill make sure i got a crew Sun Mon and Tues lol. I dont get off work till Sunday morning and the water quality is low on Sundays but the surf is always up. Your more then welcome to come spend a few days on my boat bro. You can even crash out at our house if you like so you dont have to make the drive back and forth all the time. Let me know. You should have my number.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I always go out Mon Tues if i got a crew LOl. I was going to go out today but weather wasnt clearing up and i know im headed out tomorrow so i pushed today out. Plus i was working on the boat again. I installed a sweet custom bracing system for my 1100s and i was doing stereo repairs. I been blowing amps this year and blew a speaker also. It took a luittle while but i found a bad water leak on my tower foot and just the right splash was bowing my amps by getting them wet. I found a torn cabin speaker as well today that i had to replace.
    Mmandley, do you happen to have pictures of the bracing you did for the 1100's?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I had the opposite experience on Sat. There were hardly any boats out and the water was fantastic. There's a couple of spots on the river where it gets a little narrow and you have to be careful passing someone who's pulling a boarder. I had at least 3 different guys slow down or stop their boats while I collected a fallen rider (always kids). I am always sure to give a big wave and a nod and mouth a "thank you" when folks show that kind of care and respect. I only saw one idiot who looked like he was trying to impress somebody with his pointy outboard boat and was doing fast turns and stuff right by where people were swimming. I saw about 5 big guys standing on the shore looking at him with their hands on their hips-- he moved on.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!