Default Head Unit with Buil-in Bluetooth

Well, looks like it’s time for a new head unit as my Kenwood seems to have crapped out. I want to stay with Kenwood so that I don’t have to buy new remotes. Is anyone running a head unit with built in Bluetooth such as the Kenwood KDC-x695? Does it allow you to stream audio wirelessly from an iPhone to the head unit? How is the sound quality compared to using the 3.5mm aux input jack?

I am also considering a less expensive alternative, the KDC-x395. Has aux and USB inputs, 6 x 4V pre-outs, and should work with the factory remote, which is all I really need. Is anyone running this HU and can confirm that it works with the factory oval remote (Aeware and Kenwood’s versions of it)?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I would like to know the answers to these EXACT questions. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

i am 99% sure the bluetooth is only for phone calls...

and as for remotes, the KCA-RC60MR is the wired marine remote they list
    Its also compatible with the Kenwood KMR-330 and KMR-440U marine CD receiver, or Kenwood and Kenwood eXcelon CD receivers with a steering wheel remote control input(not sure if what unit you have but if its listed here then i would think you can use the remote you have)

You can absolutely play music through a bluetooth connection. I have not done it on a head unit but I have done it on a pair of bluetooth enabled speakers. Keep in mind these were a small portable pair of speakers that in now way should be compared to a complete system in a boat. But the sound did come through very clear on them and you could not tell the difference from when they were plugged directly into my phone or when they were paired wirelessly (sp?)though a bluetooth connection.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

according to kenwood those units dont have a profile for audio streaming via bluetooth...

I have the kdc 494 which looks to be almost the exact same deck the 395 replaced it I think

and the stock remotes work with it. If I remember correctly the bluetooth is a add on and only works with your phone

I really like my 494 have yet to have a problem with it the only thing I wish i could do is blue tooth music the cord to the drivers side gets tripped on alot
    2007 Outback V