Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Wake Differences

I've been POSSIBLY thinking about downgrading from my XLV. Although I LOVE my boat, the wake doesn't seem to be very kid friendly. In order to get a clean wake on both sides you have to run around 22.5 mph which is really fast for my 8 year old. That's with no ballast. She typically likes to ride no faster than 14 or 15 mph. Just seeking some input from those that own the Outback V and LSV. Do the wakes clean up with the smaller boats and lower mph?
    2009 Moomba XLV

my 2007 lsv wouldnt even think of cleaning up going that slow.

Without ballast my '07 LSV doesn't cleanup until around 21+. My grandson rode at around 17 until I got him a new board and puled him at 21, now it's all he'll ride at.
    2007 Mobius LSV

With no ballast, I can get a clean wake at 18mph. That is the speed my gf likes to wakeskate at.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

16-- frothy 17-- pretty clean w/ no ballast.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'll check mine NG OBV tonight when we go out. I can get a beautiful clean rampy wake at 18 and higher with or without ballast, not so sure about 14-15 that is right between where we surf and and wakeboard (surf usually around 9-11 and wakeboard around 18-22). I'll give it a shot and see what we end up with. If I remember I'll toss in a camera and get some snaps at different speeds.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I know the LSV is money 18mph or higher for a clean wake. I'd suspect the Outback V maybe the same or 17mph. 14-15mph is pretty slow and asking a lot out of a V-drive boat for a clean, washfree wake. Might just get an LSV and get her a 45-50' line. At those short lengths you just have to worry about the rooster tail on the prop wash

This pic shows the LSV at 18 with no ballast. I pull the smaller kids at about 16.5 but couldn't find a pic that showed the wake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

best i've found when the girls ride, i fill the front ballast only, wake plate at 1/4 way up and ride about 19-20mph, clean and looks pretty good.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Sorry-- forgot to mention-- I think the wakeplate was about a third of the way up in the pic. I'll also say that below about 19 or so you have to distribute your passengers pretty evenly to keep both sides clean.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!