Threaded View

Default Boat Upgrades and Questions

so i was really considering buying a new boat, but theres a 90% chance im not gonna be able to afford it, so if im gonna keep my 06 i want to do some upgrades. Boat already has: Bimini, Heater, Gravity III Ballast, Perfect pass, docking lights, and new stereo.

#1 New SeaDek Platform

my question is: I have a 3 piece now, im def gonna go w/ the 1 piece, but i see everyone doing the light gray, the stock one is black, i kinda like the black against my yellow boat, but do you think the light color would be better????? i dont know what color to get....

#2 Tower Mount Mirror - i still have the stock mirror in great condition what is everyone running?

#3 Swivel board racks - i still have the OEM ones that came w/ my 04 LSV, they are dated coming apart etc, any opinions?

#4 Acme 1847 Prop - after installation am i gonna have to do any re-calibrating of the speedo? is it like changing diameters of tires in cars or in the boat does it not matter cause its how fast the paddle wheel spins?

#5 Tint Windows - I'm very familiar i do it in all my cars, im thinking 20% against the yellow would look pretty sick any body have photos of their moombas tinted?

#6 New Speaker Cans have the rosewells that are faded look rusty, possibly goto 4 cans..?

#7 Surf Ballast - i wanna get that L shaped back that goes in the corner of the seat

The little things im gonna do:

1. finally replace my tower pads that are almost all the way out under the tower arm

2. put protective mat down in the cooler and glove box

3. put on overtons soft guide polls on the trailer

here are pics of boat

Last edited by mmobius2001; 08-21-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    2006 Mobius LSV