Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by pmoomba View Post
    For what it's worth, I took it to a dealer that's a little closer (not an SC dealer, but work on trailers and some of their boats use boatmate) to be inspected, and they found no issues.
    thanks for the update!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Default 2006 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by pmoomba View Post
    I never noticed this before but seems like my wheels might be bowing out a little bit. I only noticed it because someone else was looking and pointed it out and seemed to imply his did the same thing and it was by design. Now that I'm looking at it though it's bugging me. Are these normal for an 06 single axle or do I need to get this fixed up? The pictures weren't taken perfectly level but you can still see what's going on I think.

Attachment 11849Attachment 11850Attachment 11851Attachment 11852
    I have the same issue, my right side is bowing and have a lot of wear on the inner side of tire. I have checked everything I know could be the suspect, but pulled it 6 hours with no issues and pulled great. Wanting to know if you found a remedy?

On my last moomba trailer (2003 tandem axle) the front passenger side tire started to bow out and lean. The torsion axle most likely needs to be replaced.

In my experience I would address it now or you will have to fix it on the side of the road. The end result will be the bearings giving out and wheel coming off ruining the entire axle, calibers, tire, wheel, brake line etc... which happened to me on the way back from the lake. Not fun.

And when the bearing gives out it is not as simple as putting on the spare tire. I also experienced that getting a boat and trailer towed by a tow truck is not a easy task either. For the cost of having it towed you can replace the axle with a new one.

A new axle from boatmate is about $400-500 if I remember correctly. I would just contact boatmate and order a new one and swap it out if your comfortable doing it or have the shop do it.

On my 2019 moomba trailer the vault bearing oil leaked and went out and the wheel fell off and had same catastrophic effect. The trailer has been in the shop for about 6 weeks now and still waiting for boatmate warranty and the the shop to fix it.

Not to scare you but my advice is just fix it now when it is not an issue. It may save you a lot of headaches in the future.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max