Thread: Gas Cans

Hybrid View

Default Gas Cans

anybody tried the new "Obama approved anti spill gas cans"? well they suck- the take about 5 minutes to empty 5 gallons and they spill more than any gas can I've ever used.

in a totally unrelated thought- if you ever have some "automotive fluids" or maybe some gokart gas you need to store and dispense, give these a shot
    http://www.cometkartsales.com/store/fuel/fjf.htm
    there're called scribner jugs and they're awesome. a friend of mine brought them along on our last trip and we used them to dispense fuel into our "floating gokarts" didn't spill a drop and emptied the gas amazingly quickly. you need the jug + filler hose

just remember- if the gas station attendant wants to know why you're filling up an orange or black jug with gas make sure to mention it's for your race team
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Was shown trick that wont spill a drop when gasing from a gas can and no lifting involved.

Get the little "wonder hose"-(think thats what its called). anyway its a syphon hose-has one end with a ball in it that goes into the gas can-hose is about 4 -5 feet long. With the gas can sitting on the sundeck or dock it its high enough, you stick the one end into the gas can and give it a couple shakes and then the gas starts flowing-you can dang near get it completey empty to the last drop.

Wolfeman131's idea
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I hate the new gas cans. All i use them for is to hold fuel. I move them to another can to fill up anything. I use the cans you use for quads to fill the boat.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Was shown trick that wont spill a drop when gasing from a gas can and no lifting involved.

Get the little "wonder hose"-(think thats what its called). anyway its a syphon hose-has one end with a ball in it that goes into the gas can-hose is about 4 -5 feet long. With the gas can sitting on the sundeck or dock it its high enough, you stick the one end into the gas can and give it a couple shakes and then the gas starts flowing-you can dang near get it completey empty to the last drop.

Wolfeman131's idea
    i think its called super siphon. i may have to try it seams pretty fast and no holdi.g the cans. thanks guys.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

or simple siphon

http://www.simplesiphon.com/products/

you can find similar products at WalMart, AutoZone, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    or simple siphon

http://www.simplesiphon.com/products/

you can find similar products at WalMart, AutoZone, etc.
    that's a great idea- good way to bypass the new "spill proof nozzles"

still- if you're so inclined try the scribner jug- you can empty 5 gallons in about 30 seconds plus you'll feel like a nascar fueling man LOL
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Neighbor showed me one of these a couple of years ago, love it, makes filling the boat way easier and very little spillage.
    2008 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    anybody tried the new "Obama approved anti spill gas cans"? well they suck- the take about 5 minutes to empty 5 gallons and they spill more than any gas can I've ever used.

in a totally unrelated thought- if you ever have some "automotive fluids" or maybe some gokart gas you need to store and dispense, give these a shot
    http://www.cometkartsales.com/store/fuel/fjf.htm
    there're called scribner jugs and they're awesome. a friend of mine brought them along on our last trip and we used them to dispense fuel into our "floating gokarts" didn't spill a drop and emptied the gas amazingly quickly. you need the jug + filler hose

just remember- if the gas station attendant wants to know why you're filling up an orange or black jug with gas make sure to mention it's for your race team
    skyaker - do those scribner jugs have a vent on them? I followed the link you provided and they sell the vents separately. On another site, in the jug description it said you would need to punch a vent hole.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Try searching for Jaz Jugs. We use these for our Superjets, dump fuel fast. They have vent caps. For the boat the siphon tube is great as you don't need to hold up the can.
    2008 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    skyaker - do those scribner jugs have a vent on them? I followed the link you provided and they sell the vents separately. On another site, in the jug description it said you would need to punch a vent hole.
    the scribners have a dispensing vent- it's right by your thumb as you're holding the jug in dispensing position- so once you get it positioned how you want you just flip the vent with your thumb and out comes the fluid. I'm not sure what the vent cap is for- maybe if you wanted it to vent while you store it??

BobP those jaz jugs looks sweet too- better yet their "water jug" comes in red- I'll have to see whether my local go kart shop has those too.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!