Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Water in the locker and the bilge

New to me 2003 LSV. I dont know if water is getting around the sunbrella cover, or if the packing on the shaft is bad. However.. I have noticed that I will sometimes have water sitting in the bottom of the bilge area and in the ski locker. The boat sits pretty flat on the trailer, so I dont think the locker drains much into the bilge. It also appears like the bilge pump is not sitting all the way down.

I assume I should move the bilge to the bottom of the bilge area. Is there any way, besides parking on a hill, to get the locker to empty out?

-- bk
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

I use a shopvac. I just cleanned out all the water in both the ski locker and bilge and when I towed back the the storage unit there was more in the ski locker. Water likes to hide under the gas tank. With mine the plug sits up too high so even if i jack the boat all the way up all the water still does not drain. Only time i use the drain plug is when i flush the boat to move to a differnt body or water.

A cover will let in some water and when you are on the water then water is going to get in as people get in and out of the boat. You could have someone watch the packing as you drive to see if they see it dripping and how often.
    Last edited by jester; 08-19-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I use a shopvac.
    same 4 me.

my ski locker and bilge was dry once. i had the boat parked in the driveway for about a week with ALL the hatches open in 90+ degree heat. then i put it in the water again, did some boarding, took a roller or two over the bow and boom. water again. i just ignore it.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

My bilge and ski locker are dry twice a year. When i put the boat in the garage for winter storage and 5 minutes before i put her in the water for the first time in the spring. Other then that i could care less about water in the bilge and ski locker. I spent 2 summers removing that dam ski locker bag and cleaning it each week and now i say i dont care as long as it doesnt stink. I clean it and scrub it out, fluch it with lots of fresh water and then towel dry it when its time to store the boat.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    My bilge and ski locker are dry twice a year. When i put the boat in the garage for winter storage and 5 minutes before i put her in the water for the first time in the spring. Other then that i could care less about water in the bilge and ski locker. I spent 2 summers removing that dam ski locker bag and cleaning it each week and now i say i dont care as long as it doesnt stink. I clean it and scrub it out, fluch it with lots of fresh water and then towel dry it when its time to store the boat.
    Mike that is too funny man. I thought I was the only one that obsessed with cleaning the center locker and bag all the time. The little woman would get bent outta shape every time I used the last of the Clorox to clean the greasy water off and out of that bag especially when I would do it in the bathtub in our apartment...lmao... I am much less concerned with it now and just use my vacuum pump to get it out if I need to work in there.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

Seems like I always get water in the ski locker each time out, no matter what I do. It seems I get more now that I installed the Bow Sack as it's plumbed to the ski locker sack, and there's more pressure in the system. I assume I have a leak somewhere, but have yet to find it. I'm still anal about cleaning things, and take the ski sack out each time and vacuum the water out and let it all dry. One of these days I'll stop, hopefully. I just don't want it to get to the point of stinking (I have a plug installed in the drain hole in the back of the ski locker as well).
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    Seems like I always get water in the ski locker each time out, no matter what I do. It seems I get more now that I installed the Bow Sack as it's plumbed to the ski locker sack, and there's more pressure in the system. I assume I have a leak somewhere, but have yet to find it. I'm still anal about cleaning things, and take the ski sack out each time and vacuum the water out and let it all dry. One of these days I'll stop, hopefully. I just don't want it to get to the point of stinking (I have a plug installed in the drain hole in the back of the ski locker as well).
    I'm the same way, although maybe not as bad. I do remove the bags after each use and put a box fan in each rear locker to dry out the carpet. And I park on a hill near my house on the way home and let as much water as possible drain out the back. Still, there will be a little water in the ski locker once it's sitting level in the garage but I don't worry about it. I usually just keep the locker open and let it sit there.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

One more thing - if I forget to remove the ski locker bag which I have done a couple times this summer, when I take it out a week later, there is a grimy film on the bag. I can't imagine what it would be like if I left it here all summer long.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    One more thing - if I forget to remove the ski locker bag which I have done a couple times this summer, when I take it out a week later, there is a grimy film on the bag. I can't imagine what it would be like if I left it here all summer long.
    Al, exactly why I remove that ski locker bag and suck the water out each time. I think I left it in there once, and had that film on the bag, and was not happy. I can't imagine what would be growing on it if I were to leave it damp all summer. It might have hooves.

I take my rear bags and hang them outside the back of the boat (still connected), and suck the water out of the carpet if it's bad, or just let it air dry.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.