Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sub location

I was lucky enough to have a 40 ft steel building at my Dad's place that has an 8 foot garage door... I just would drop the tower and back her right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Ok... ordered the 12" Kicker w/ enclosure... and got the boat in the garage... all is well! I haven't checked the stock amp yet... I hope it has a subwoofer input! Or at least an open channel!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Don't mean to be a party pooper but unless your boat came with a sub then you'll need a sub amp. Typically if I'm not mistaken the stock amp is a kicker zx200.4 or something like that. Not even enough power to drive a sub, even bridged two channels. And one channel won't work.

Your stock head unit should have a rear/sub output on the back to hookup he sub.

Which Kicker did you order? 12" Comp 4 ohm? If so you'll need a mono amp or 2 channel bridged of at least 150-200 watts rms to sound decent, any less and you might as well not even put it in the boat. Also remember you'll need to use at least 12 gauge speaker wire for that as well as decent rca cables.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I am prepared to throw another amp in if needed...I gotta car toys right by the house... I typically use Monster cable.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

I was using the Kicker ZXM700.5 for my sub and 6 cabin speakers...ROCKIN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Good to hear... I hope this one sounds good... I know the (6) speakers it has now sound great... just need more low end!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Don't mean to be a party pooper but unless your boat came with a sub then you'll need a sub amp. Typically if I'm not mistaken the stock amp is a kicker zx200.4 or something like that. Not even enough power to drive a sub, even bridged two channels. And one channel won't work.

Your stock head unit should have a rear/sub output on the back to hookup he sub.

Which Kicker did you order? 12" Comp 4 ohm? If so you'll need a mono amp or 2 channel bridged of at least 150-200 watts rms to sound decent, any less and you might as well not even put it in the boat. Also remember you'll need to use at least 12 gauge speaker wire for that as well as decent rca cables.
    12 gauge is overkill and not really needed. For the length of the sub wire 16 awg is suffecient for up to 300 watts @ 4 ohms. Good RCA's are important, but if they are not being run along noisy power wires you don't have to spend allot of some super shielded ones. You could even use some RG59 with some crimp on RCA ends. The wire is a little stiffer but has excellent noise rejection.

Another option for the sub is under the front bow seating on the drivers side. Its open to under the dash, not completely sealed like some other locations under the rear seats etc. If your good with box building you can even try and build a folded horn design. I have made an Autotube with a single 8" and it rivals most 12's with more power. Its all about box design, plus its completely concealed so you can just point the mouth of the horn in the direction.

The 12" fits nicely under the dash... looks great... sounds good, but will definately need MORE power. Reckon I am gonna get the Kicker KMT-6 tower speakers and run them and the sub on their own amp. 2nd battery???
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    The 12" fits nicely under the dash... looks great... sounds good, but will definately need MORE power. 2nd battery???
    YES, and YES!
    It never ends................................

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet