Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default General info on Moomba drive for prop

Very new to wakeboard boats, have a center console but want to ride/cruise the river and sometimes pull the grandkids. Bought a 2003 Moomba Outback LS and it is being delivered so I can not check these things now. Heres the rub, I work out of the country and will be getting to the states about the time the boat gets to the house and will be in for only 19 days and want that time to enjoy the water. What else are we working for? I would like to order the prop and have it there when I get there rather than chase it down on my short river time. Need to know if anyone knows 450A or the 450D transmition came in it? 1.29 to 1 VS 1 to 1. Also the diameter of the shaft, splined or keyed. I want to be sure I have a new prop for it. I would like to get a prop for cruising and top speed with no regard to holeshot or towing for this prop. I would be only adding 800 lbs to the 2650 lb boat (spec). Any help you could give this newby is appriciated.Rw_800.jpg
    Rick - River Livin' - 2003 Outback LS - Indmar Assault 350 EFI

Also, do any of you recognize the tower? What maker. I need to know the diameter of the top horizontal rail.
    Thanks again

You can view the Owners Manual in the Archive. It should tell you which transmission you have (although I thought all the direct drive boats were 1:1 - guys correct me if this is not the case). It may also be possible to tell what transmission by the serial number of the boat-- although you might have to get a service manager from a dealer to tell you that one. Yours is most likely the 450D 1:1.

I can almost guarantee that your shaft is 1" and keyed, not splined. I have never seen a Moomba with a splined shaft. I had a 2000 Outback LS and with my 3 blade OJ 13x13 prop it would run almost 45 MPH. This hull is not really designed to go much above that speed. You could order a prop like that and just return it if it's not right. If you order from Nettles they will exchange till you are happy.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 08-18-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That is an aftermarket tower and I don't recognize it but someone will. Fellas?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Looks Like and Arial Assault Tower
    http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/v/...assault-pa.asp
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Thanks for the responses, the owners manual has 4 engine options and three transmission options of course it is not the v drive option but the other two trans have different ratios as mentioned. Acme askes for the ratio when inquiring about a prop so??? I know you guys have had experience with the boats and would know what is common. Moomba's prop sight says the original is a 13.5 x 16 for all around performance but I don't want to be running in "low gear" when I am just running the river. Not sure what the performance of these boats would be while not pulling.

I will also check the link on the tower, maybe can get the info off of it if it is the same tower. Thanks again, I can't wait to get it in the water.

The tower is an Arial Assault and I got the info I needed off of the site, Thanks

13.5 x 16 does not sound like the right prop for your direct drive boat. What is the "Moomba's prop sight" you mentioned?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

http://www.wakeprops.com/wakeboard-b...at-propellers/

This site came up in a google search and says the stock prop is an Acme 537 which on Acme's site is a 13.5 x 16. I just started from their.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtraveler View Post
    http://www.wakeprops.com/wakeboard-b...at-propellers/

This site came up in a google search and says the stock prop is an Acme 537 which on Acme's site is a 13.5 x 16. I just started from their.
    Nope, according to the site, the 537 is for the V drive boats. Yours is a direct drive so it would have a different prop.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV