Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've dunked and dropped other cheaper phones like motorlas and samsungs and drowned them (two phones in one summer) but never my iphone(s). I've got that sucker velcroed down in the cockpit! Comes out of the shorts pocket and gets stuck to velcro mount before the boat hits the water.

We'll see what the iP5 looks like here soon. Maybe mine my iP4 will accidentally fall in too...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Ian,

Isn't there a bit more to the story that you would like to share?

he, he, he . . . . I read your fb post.
    That was Monday's fiasco. The phone went for a swim this afternoon, lol.

For those that didn't know, I ran my boat out of gas, got a ride to a buddies boat so I could tow mine back, his had a dead battery, so I had to walk from his marina to mine (~1 mile) barefoot. While I was walking my dad and friends on the boat were able to flag someone down to tow the boat to our marina. Whew!
    2013 Outback V

And, regarding a droid; the UI for Andriod is garbage, I doubt that I will ever use a non-Apple phone, unless that open source crap is improved. There is no disputing that the iPhone has a superior OS, a bunch of my buddies are Android fanbois and they admit that it can't compare.
    2013 Outback V

Maybe you should just stay at the office this week!

Naw, I'd give up the phone for lake time any day. Good luck w/ the rice.

I stopped into the Apple store, and they GAVE me a new one! I got the one that I soaked on the release date, so its nearly a year and a half old, and it was 100% my fault that it broke, and they still hooked me up! A++ service will keep me in an iPhone for a long time to come!
    2013 Outback V

I jumped in the lake with my droid x. Had insurance. Called up said i got caught in the pouring rain and they sent another one...

I can't believe you guys are getting new phones. Water is usually the one thing they will not give in on.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Insurance will cover all loss or damage regardless.50 dollar deductible. Never buy another phone without it.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I can't believe you guys are getting new phones. Water is usually the one thing they will not give in on.
    No kidding. I bought my wife a new 3GS for her bday the day it came out. Exactly one month later, it went for a swim - in the ocean. Took it to the Apple store and they charged me $200 for a new one. Said it got wet and that was not covered. They said think of it as them charging me $200 to fix it but instead of fixing it, they gave me a new one.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Well im glad this thread came up because as a matter a fact Monday evening my I-4 took a swim in the lake. This is the second phone this has happened too gawd.

I was in Cali with the Wake 9 boat that belongs to Robert < Ragboy >. Wake Makers just installed a custon ballast system and i hauled it back to Cali, well Robert and his family offered me a day on the boat in the Cali sun and who am i to say no lol. I just so happened to bring my swim trunks and all the extra gear i would need lol.

So anyhow mid day we were having problems with a pump and me being the resisdent ballast guy since Robert never had ballast like he has now was looking around. Roberts boat has 1500lbs in the corver now and im not kidding that swim deck is about 2 to 2.5 feet under water. Well i jumped on the swim deck and knelt down so i could reach the batteries on the boat which are in front of his engine.

When i got back in the boat is when i realized my phone was in my pocket still. Man my heart sank to the bottom of this lake i think. Now im in Cali with no cell, and in my truck i dotn carry CDs i just use my phone on the MP3 jack.

Robert has done this several times so he was prepared we got back to his house and put the phone in a bag with those little packets they use to keep moisture out of beef jerky and things like that. I cant recall what there called lol.

Once i got home yesterday i have the phone basking in the sun on my boats sun deck and still have the packets in the zip lock bag. Hopping it comes back to life.

I normaly put my I Phone in the boat at the prep area because its plugs right into my 700U so its safe.

First summer we had the boat i had my 3GS in my pocket when i went to climb in the boat at the ramp and dunked it in the lake.

I just hope it starts working long enough for the I-5 to release then ill upgrade.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]