Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shipping Equipment To Canada

for those of you in the U.S. who have sold stuff to our Canadian friends...

is USPS the easiest way to have stuff shipped?

A while back when there was a deal on Polk speakers ,i as a Canadian was not able to purchase and have them shipped to me from the website. Alcab helped me out on this one by me buying speakers being delivered to him and then he sent them to me here in Canada using USPS. It was the cheapest way ,although not the fastest. It all worked out just the same.
    07 Outback DD

thanks!

Had a couple Canadian guys interested in my Wakekite - that's why I was inquiring.

a U.S. Moomba member snatched it 1st.

USPS is the least expensive for both shipping and customs brokerage. However, unlike UPS and Fedex, they cannot track shipments across the border. This is why many vendors won't ship valuable merchandise across borders -- there is no easy way to find out what happened if something goes missing and the intended recipient wants to reverse charges.

UPS and Fedex charge higher shipping fees, and then some surprise customs brokerage fees, for shipping to Canada than within the continental US. For Canadian recipients who live near a border town, it's usually easiest and cheapest to have the seller mark it "hold for pick up" and send it to the UPS or Fedex office that is nearest on the US side. There is usually just a very small receiver fee (typically $5 per item) to hold it there for a week or two.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

I have nothing but good experiences with FedEx. Sure it is a little more expensive but shipments take a few days and don't cost that much more. Everything is calculated up front, no hidden fees. My last 2 buys from Evo have been excellent.

Do not ship anything to Canada via UPS or FedEX because they add brokerage fees that are BS.

USPS does not charge brokerage fees so its much cheaper upon delivery.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    I have nothing but good experiences with FedEx. Sure it is a little more expensive but shipments take a few days and don't cost that much more. Everything is calculated up front, no hidden fees. My last 2 buys from Evo have been excellent.
    That's different. You pre-paid the fees upfront. Evo does this for you, not everyone provides that service.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Do not ship anything to Canada via UPS or FedEX because they add brokerage fees that are BS.

USPS does not charge brokerage fees so its much cheaper upon delivery.
    Canada post charges dutie fees. It's cheaper than others but I have still been dinged before.
    Last edited by loudsubz; 08-21-2011 at 08:09 PM.

I want to know what happened to this So called FREE TRADE agreement. I call BS.Just trying to fing vendors willing and able to sell and ship up here can be a challenge. It SUCKS. Life in the USA might not be to rosey at the moment but i have to admit ,Selection, usually quality and usually prices are much better on a wide variety of products,in the USA. This is usually why US vacations for my family usually have us coming home loaded up more than going down.
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    Canada post charges dutie fees. It's cheaper than others but I have still been dinged before.
    Yes they do. They charge duty/tax if the product is made outside the USA but that is not what I am talking about.

Brokerage fees are bogus. They charge you a fee to "import" your package into Canada. UPS and FedEx make a fortune charging brokerage fees. USPS does not charge it.