Default Bilge coming on often while surfing

I ran my new Jumbo 1100's this weekend for the first time, and noticed that the bilge was running more often than normal. I would notice it kick on each time the boat came back to pick me up from falling. It ran right at the rub rail when surfing but I could see that no water was coming over the side into the back compartment. I checked in the engine compartment and all seemed to be fine (dripless packing nut not dripping, valves, intakes, etc seemed to be fine). I thought maybe cutting the throttle to slow and turnaround maybe caused some water to come in the engine vent hoses at the back, but I couldn't readily see that happening. Maybe water being forced in the exhaust ports when cutting the throttle, but then I don't know how that water would enter the bilge area. I also checked the drain thru-hull fittings as the port side fittings were underwater while surfing, but the carpet was dry on the inside of those fittings. Any other places to look?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Mine does the same thing! I was checking all my fitting and stuff and it was all sealed up good to...
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Is your bilge thru-hull underwater while surfing? I had to put a check valve on my bilge hose as I was filling the boat with water while surfing cause my bilge thru-hull is underwater surfing on the starboard side only. When the boat would turn around to pick someone up the thru-hull wouldn't be underwater anymore and the boat would level out and bilge would kick on... Sounds similar to what your experiencing. Check that.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

bbuhtz... i think you nailed it for me anyways... most of my crew is goofyfoot which would put the bilge thru hull under water when were under way! I'm going to order up a check valve and try it out. thanks for that!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

i noticed it more on the port side, but putting a check valve on the bilge hose is still a good idea.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    bbuhtz... i think you nailed it for me anyways... most of my crew is goofyfoot which would put the bilge thru hull under water when were under way! I'm going to order up a check valve and try it out. thanks for that!
    No problem, hope that fixes your issue.
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    Did the check valve fix your issue? We have had several similar issues but they are hard to repeat consistently. I am working on my ballast system right not so it would be a good time to add a check valve.

------Sold-------
    2008 MOBIUS LSV - Acme 1847, GIII w/1100lbs Vdrive, IBS, PPSG, Wake plate, Z-5, Kenwood 700U, Kenwood Kca-RC107MR , Exile SXT65, Kicker 700.5, Kicker 350.4, Polk MM651, JL 13.5 Thin-Line Sub.

I've noticed the carpet is wet behind my observer's seat after a long surf session. When I'm really loaded down, I think water trickles in through the rub rail and runs back to the bilge. Maybe something to check. Also if you take a roller on the stern water comes in through the vents behind the engine hatch.

Aaron
    '07 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    I've noticed the carpet is wet behind my observer's seat after a long surf session. When I'm really loaded down, I think water trickles in through the rub rail and runs back to the bilge. Maybe something to check. Also if you take a roller on the stern water comes in through the vents behind the engine hatch.

Aaron
    '07 Outback V
    I'm going to watch the vents more closely next time out. I've thought about that possibility as well.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand