Thread: sea dek problem

Default sea dek problem

first season with my moombaroo sea dek -grey over black. well we just got back from a week on Norris Lake and while we were there the grey part started to bubble up- at first I thought it was where I didn't get the platform clean enough when I installed it but upon further inspection the 2 layers of padding are separating in multiple places- and now my beloved moombaroo is peeling off too! anybody else encounter this or have a contact at sea dek to talk to?
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I have the same color combo and noticed mine is doing the same thing. The grey on mine is also starting to lift where it fills in the letters, like the inside of the "O's." I plan to take pics and send as well as call on Monday.

SeaDek will take care of this problem in a heartbeat.

If you guys need the contact info, get ahold of me on Monday.

My contacts are on my work computer.

Unfortunately, they get bad material once in a while. Happened to me with a tri-color Roo pad.

Just remembered, their was a Seadek Rep on here responding to the group buy. I believe he even posted his email address.
    Last edited by Martin Jr; 08-14-2011 at 09:10 AM.

My current one has a bubble in it. I called Seadek and was told it would be covered. Decided to wait until the end of the season to swap out as they want the old one back. From what I have read it is not a easy to to clean the old glue off.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

good to know- hoping mine will be covered but I couldn't get ahold of them today. Not looking forward to having to pry the old one off so that will definitely be a spring project!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Hopefully you get this issue sorted out and they fix the problem. I'm in the process of having one made ,as we speak. This has been a long slow process,as my size was off by a little so i am going through the route of templating and essentially having a custom dek made. Combine that with A @ #$% Postal strike and holidays etc and this has been a LONG Process. I started my order mid June,Looks like this is gonna be my XMAS present HAHA.

Anyways i'm still looking forward to this. Good luck on yours.
    07 Outback DD

talked to the fine folks at sea dek- great customer service. sounds like I have a "bondage problem" and they're going to ship a new moobaroo pad out to me soon. I think the horse they made the glue out of ate some bad grass or something- I'm not looking forward to removing the pad that's on there now.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!