Default Solenoid Value Clean but Ballast still self Filling

moomba-owners-manual-2006-2807_39b.jpgMoomba Mobius LSV 2007
    I read on the Moomba forum that several boat owners had a problem with a self filling ballast while the boat was on the move.

Most suggested

1. to watch out for toggle switch on the solenoid valve and to check if it was on the right position.

2. take the solenoid valve , unscrew the 8 to 10 srcews ,take it apart and clean the gulk with a tooth brush and a mild detergent

after these two procedures ... I still had the same problem with my back left self filling ballast

So I decided to interchange the back left solenoid valve for center locker solenoid valve .

Noticing that the same ballast was filling by itself even after the interchange of the solenoid valves. So it was not a solenoid valve problem.

I thought I was going crazy for about 5 minutes when I noticed the problem might be related to the black wiring which is connected to the solenoid valve which inside
    it has a small mechanical rod and a spring inside of it to which controls the intake of water.

So finally my question is...would changing the spring inside solve my problem or must I change the whole part which is connected to the solenoid
    valve which controls the water intake ???

And where can I buy these parts ???

I would actually switch the green orbit valves themselves. If you've switched just the solenoid (black thing with wires) then the next guess would be the valve itself.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

No,I never switched (the black things with wires) ....I just interchanged the greyish ufo shape objet in which the black hosed connected into...
    And I am still having the same problems with the ballast filling up byitself . That is why I presuming that the Black wire thing should be my problem ...no ????
    Last edited by 4fish4; 08-13-2011 at 04:39 PM.

open up the whole thing to make sure nothing is make the diaphragm stay open. Even though there is a filter in front, debris still can get in. Make sure that all the little black toggle switches are in the same position. It sounds more like a valve problem and not a solenoid problem. The diaphragm could be bad.
    Last edited by tazz3069; 08-13-2011 at 07:49 PM.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    The diaphragm could be bad.
    Think this is why I have a 3rd child!

hahahaha You need to get cable TV
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Ah, I had one of those hacked satellite cards where you got ALL the channels about 9 yrs agos. Second daughter was born in 2001.

I used to live in a neighborhood where the cable would go out around 10 at night all the time.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'd guess it went out on you at least 6 times.