Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finally a homeowner again

Well, after 1.5 years of feeding my landlord, signed on a house today. I have never owned a pre-existing(used) house, as I built the last 4 or 5 I lived in, so it kind of sucks not being able to finish the inside, but it's a nice place. 11 year old 1500sqft 3br/2ba single level owned by a single lady. it's like she never lived in it.. looks brand new. 750sqft 3car that will hold the boat and truck nicely.
    get keys tomorrow and moving fri night/sat am.

not sure that owning is the best option with the state of the country, but one of my retirement goals has always been to have a house paid for at retirement, so it's time to work on finishing that and hope that congress gets this country back on track so I don't have to move to belize to retire.. not to mention house payment is $150/mo less than my rent right now, so that's a win....

3 months of settling in and let the remodeling begin....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Congrats on the garage with house attached.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

SandM - Congrats again! I am so close to following in your footsteps. I've also been feeding my landlord for a little over 1.5 years now. She dropped the bomb on me about a week ago, admitting that she is going through a divorce and may have to evict me and take the house back to live in or sell, even though I've been the perfect renter... ARRRGH! I hate the idea of renting any further so I'm starting to look around. Just nothing in my desired area or price range with a deep garage or big enough side yard to add a carport and I refuse to pay storage fees again.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Priorities--garage to fit the boat , then check the rest of the house out
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Congrats Sandm its a stressfull and exciting time indeed. I tell you selling a house and building one at the same time caused some serious stress in my life. Only thing that was making it easier was i had a steady 3 to 4 days at work and when working i was to busy to worry about that stuff lol.

@ Berg that sucks man, hope you find something soon man. Let me know if i can help you in any way man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    She dropped the bomb on me about a week ago, admitting that she is going through a divorce and may have to evict me and take the house back to live in or sell, even though I've been the perfect renter... ARRRGH! I hate the idea of renting any further so I'm starting to look around. Just nothing in my desired area or price range with a deep garage or big enough side yard to add a carport and I refuse to pay storage fees again.
    Check you state laws; if you have a contract, she can't evict due to her desire to move back in or sell. She can sell, but the new owner then becomes your landlord. tenent/landlord laws are set up to protect the tenent in situations like this. If you are month to month, then check the notice policy of your state. Obviously, you don't want to live somewhere that the landlord doesn't want you to be, but don't feel helpless.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Thanks - I was on a 1 year lease, now month to month. I'll look into it. I started toying last night with making her an offer to buy the place. Not my ideal house but would work for a few years to come and has a nice big sideyard for an RV pad/carport and potential to extend the garage out another 10ft if it were mine. Hmmmm.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I will be building a 30'X40' shop when I move back out to the property. Going to have a 12' high roll up door so don't have to drop the tower anymore. Hope to be out there by the end of next month.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Boy, would I love to have something like that in the backyard! In the off-season, I keep mine in a storage unit about that size, but it's 2 hrs away by the lake so I don't really have a chance to work on it.

I am really looking forward to this. Plenty of room to work on it. Am really getting excited about getting back home.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar