Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I have (2) 10" strips left... I would love them in the bow... but can't seem to see where they would fit nicely... any ideas?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

maybe speaker rings?

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    I have (2) 10" strips left... I would love them in the bow... but can't seem to see where they would fit nicely... any ideas?
    I took some pics this weekend but they didn't come out worth crap due to camera flash but here they are anyway. I put two in the bow but it's a pain to do. Here's how I did it.
    • Loosened up nuts for bow side cushions next to where you're shoulder would be if seated.
    • Pulled out cushion a bit and slid led strip behind cushion where it's at an angle facing speakers.
    • Routed wire under cushion to bottom.
    • Drilled a very tiny hole directly below cushion and fed wire through. Can't even see it.
    • Tightened cushion nuts.
    If you do this you'll have to play with the angle the strips are at due to carpet for maximum visibility, if you have carpet that is. So here's the pics, sorry for the ghosting and bluriness but you all get the idea. Looks sooo much better in person!

Again, here's what I installed;
    • 2 (4 total) in each cabin cupholder section
    • 1 in the port storage locker
    • 2 under the dash directly above sub
    • 1 alongside drivers seat facing wall
    • 2 in the bow
    led2.jpg led3.jpg led1.jpg
    Last edited by Razzman; 09-20-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

nicely done! Thanks for the idea! I will look at doin' this as the bow looks really dark with my cabin lit.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Looks good Razz, you took close to the same route we did. The extra bow lighting really helps the overall look at night. Before I did mine, even with the lights inside the speakers, it seems like a dead zone up there.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Ditto that on the bow - I have a few little modules up there but just not enough. I'm wondering if I can get a few more strips up if that will help the walkway between the windshield have some reflective glow as well.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I love the LED's guys, nice job! Looking for some tips here. What guage wire did you all use to wire the LEDs into your switches? I saw that Ian said he ran a +/- all the way around the boat then just ties into that? How are you guys splicing the wires in, are you using crimp connectors, soldering, T-taps? I ordered up the 10 pack of the 9" in strips and they have very thin wire on them. Thanks in advance for sharing your secrets.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I did the same as Ian, +/- all the way around tie into it accordingly. I used crimp connectors with the heatstrink ends that I believe it was Razz had suggested a while back. Pretty thin wire too - like 18-22 gauge if I recall. Kind of nice as you can combine several wires from lights into a single splice point in the big +/- loop. Somebody on here even said they used phone line wire but I wouldn't put to much on that thin of stuff.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Purchased a set last night. Cant wait to receive them.
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV