Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'd love to see some more pics of where different people are putting led lights i'm not on the water too much at dark but dang they look sick on the pics i've seen with em
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Any pics yet Razz?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Man, these all look great! I ordered mine a few days ago so they may be in by tomorrow! Where I work we use 3m double faced high bond tape... so I will be using that. Here is my question. Yall are wiring to the courtesy light? Also, is there some sort of transformer needed? Lastly, I wanted mine to flash to music... that is from an RF box? Or something like that?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I had an extra accessory switch on my panel that runs LEDs only. I'm guessing that is similar to courtesy lights on a newer boat. No transformer - straight 12v hookups. I think some of the lights have any necessary resistors built into them. Can't help with the flashing to music but I've seen it before.

Maybe Ian can chime in on the switches he used for his LED controls. His are all independent and look pretty slick.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Oh great... direct wiring... that makes it much easier I reckon.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

Got them installed last night... I wired the starboard side directly into the courtesy light.. and the port and dash to the rocker switch itself. Pics aren't the best cause it is in the garage with tower down. Will get better ones later.IMAG0136.jpgIMAG0133.jpgIMAG0134.jpgIMAG0135.jpg
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

chwak,

Your ever-changing profile pics are freaky!

Thanks! they are a blast to make...
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"

So we're going out for the next three days and this time I'll remember to get pics, promise! I haven't had the boat out in a month due to committments and getting decent pics in storage is impossible.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

Maybe Ian can chime in on the switches he used for his LED controls. His are all independent and look pretty slick.
    Because adding LEDs is an addiction, I wanted expandability with the set up. What I did was run a +/- from port side rear, up through the bow, to starboard rear. I tied that line into 1 push button switch. Now any time I want to add more interior LEDs I just tie them into that main line. I also have a switch for Tower LEDs, Underwater LEDs, and Tower Amp. All of the LEDs get their power from the courtesy light switch; this way I can flick that switch and they all turn off; no forgetting to turn off independent lights.
    2013 Outback V