Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You have any pics to throw up Berg. LED's are going to be a fall project for me
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

of course he won't ship to canada!! sigh.
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

you know it! Threw these up before the forum hack/rebuild but here's a few again...

I think it was Dusty and KG who did a pretty wicked red LED install on one of theirs earlier this year but that post also seemed to disappear.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Compartments are cool (and helpful the last few nights!) too...

I'm still trying to figure out a way to subtly light up the walkway under the windshield without it being in the way or messing with me trying to drive at night. Going to add just a little more to the bow as well. Gotta be careful with that though so I don't ruin my night visibility.

I decided I like being well seen on water running at night. Coming home late Saturday night around 10pm in the black of night I almost took out a big Giligan's Island cruiser who had no running lights at all - nearly a head on collision... I was lit up like a damn UFO plus my running lights so I KNOW I was visible. Then pulling up into the boat marina entrance I see some weird looking shadow in front of me that I needed to avoid. Turns out to be a bass boat, also not lit up at all. Bunch of frickin morons. Where's the sheriff on nights like those??

I installed mine before the lake trip last weekend and they look killer, exactly what I wanted. Nice glow without being so bright that it's distracting. I installed the ten 9" strips in these locations;
    • 2 in the bow, 1 behind each upholstery panel (nice glow on cushions)
    • 1 in the amp/battery locker (just enough light without being obnoxious)
    • 2 under dash (lights that whole area nicely)
    • 1 next to drivers seat alongside seat slide (entire area glows nice around drivers seat)
    • 4 above rear speakers (2 each side) (looks real good)
    No pictures, as as soon as we launched Thursday night and i turned them on it was a gnat fest and i had to turn them off! I'll get some this weekend hopefully and post them.

Also, mine came without any adhesive tape at all on them so my method worked perfectly so far.
    Last edited by Razzman; 08-22-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Also, mine came without any adhesive tape at all on them so my method worked perfectly so far.
    I think that may work out better actually... Can you get that tape just about anywhere or online only? I haven't looked yet.

Bummer about the gnats - can't wait to see some pics though! I love this kinda stuff.

berg looks like you did one under the rub rail at the back??? where did you run the wires.. that looks killer!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Thanks man. I wasn't ready to spring for the underwater spots or floods yet so I came up with Plan B.
    Giving away all my secrets here...

I drilled a single hole dead center for wiring, sealed with some 4200, and ran 2 strips out each direction. My hull is a bit different so i have sort of a lip of fiberglass under the rubrail. Not sure you could pull this off with the newer hulls but maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I think that may work out better actually... Can you get that tape just about anywhere or online only? I haven't looked yet.

Bummer about the gnats - can't wait to see some pics though! I love this kinda stuff.
    That tape only comes from CRL (link) that i'm aware of. I'm sure that somebody else has to make it as well though.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Looks sick Berg, way cool and I'm sure not a ton of work went into it. Super nice. Razz, cant wait to see pics of your set up. Stangkillas has a sweet set up also. Yall are some rocking out moomba maniacs....
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV