Default Any guitar players on here?

my amp blew up last week (1969 Fender Bassman 50 Silverface).

I'm thinking of ordering a Fender Frontman 212R until I get the other fixed.

Any reviews of this amp?

Hey... LOOOOOONG time bass player myself... I never played through that particular amp, but I was never a huge fan of fender amps. Gallen-Kruger makes some really nice practice amps though...

I noodle on the bass (have a Fender P-Bass), but actually use the bassman amp for my Stratocaster.

When I find a brand I like, I tend to stick with it...I'll stick with Fender. Love the sound.

I also "play" the bass. And by "play" I mean that I have a few hanging on my wall, lol.
    2013 Outback V

yea, well, I guess your not gonna give me a review on the Frontman amp or is that hanging on your wall along with guitars and wakeboards?

Ha! Retired like me huh?

I researched the Fenders a lot, but ended up with a VOX VT40 because of it's flexabilty to mimic the sounds of all the old school amps. It didn't take a lot of time to dial it in and you can quickly change up the sound depending on what you're looking for. Tube driven so it still has the warm tube sound, but has the effects like the newer stuff.
    I'm a rock/blues guy and this had really been a good amp for me to date.
    -Iowa05LSV
    2005 Mobius LSV

I did get the Fender Frontman and absolutely love it!

If you didn't know better, you would think it was a vintage Fender Twin Reverb amp

It came with a chorus pedal and I can dial in a sound that approximate's the growl of my 1969 Fender Bassman tube amp.

Also got a Nady wireless sytem for $35. Really cool. I can walk around my swimming pool and play.

Now I'm looking for a Gibson SG Standard guitar.... if you know anybody selling
    Last edited by Martin Jr; 08-22-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Fantastic. I'll keep my eye out for a SG, but I'm not obsesivly watching the boards or shops around here. Between my Strat (Black) and my Seagull, I'm pretty much set according to my wife.
    2005 Mobius LSV

I got a cherry 1982 American Strat...I always thought that was all I needed!

My wife is totally into it, the better my playing returns to what it once was... the more she agrees!

Besides, you really need a Fender and a Gibson to cover everything!!