Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Can see where it gets it's feed on the right.

I was actually a bit surprise how wet and dirty it was in the bilge area when I got it back. Thought this thing was supposed to be dripless?!
    I am not sure how that type of tubing will hold up. As you mentioned it will be exposed to more heat and will have pressure applied to it.

There should be no dripping in the blige coming from the new dripless shaft system.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I was actually a bit surprise how wet and dirty it was in the bilge area when I got it back. Thought this thing was supposed to be dripless?!
    There will be no heat. Cool lake water is heading thru that tube. Dry up your bilge , then put it in the water , there should be no water coming in from around the shaft seal. If there is then the seal was compromised during installation.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I'll definitely look into it when I get on the water. I think it was a little dirty when it went in but mostly the dealer not cleaning up after themselves.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Where is your dripless Shaft Seal cooling water T'd in?

I just changed my 08 lsv dripless feed from the factory designed hot water supply on the exhaust manifold to a cool water supply, like others have shown it done on newer models.

My oil cooler also has a drain on the bottom (like most do, I'm sure), so I plumbed the line to that. I could not find the exact barbed fitting that I needed in the little town I live in, but I did find that a npt air valve fitting fits perfectly. I removed the valve insert to allow the water to flow freely. The nice thing about the npt air valve is that it is small, so it allows the supply line to clear the alternator, which might not have worked with the normal barbed fitting I had in mind for the job.

I had to crank down on the hose clamp to ensure that the supply line would seal well on the short npt valve, but it worked out fine.

Once I had the correct parts, the job itself took all of 15 mins or so.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Hmm, this thread has me thinking about doing what you just talked about Highrider. Might not be a bad move to change the location of the water pickup from where it's located now (factory location).

I don't have any issues currently with leaking or anything, so I'm not sure if I should mess with it... but I do like the idea of cool water running in the dripless seal versus hot manifold water.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    I just changed my 08 lsv dripless feed from the factory designed hot water supply on the exhaust manifold to a cool water supply, like others have shown it done on newer models.

My oil cooler also has a drain on the bottom (like most do, I'm sure), so I plumbed the line to that. I could not find the exact barbed fitting that I needed in the little town I live in, but I did find that a npt air valve fitting fits perfectly. I removed the valve insert to allow the water to flow freely. The nice thing about the npt air valve is that it is small, so it allows the supply line to clear the alternator, which might not have worked with the normal barbed fitting I had in mind for the job.

I had to crank down on the hose clamp to ensure that the supply line would seal well on the short npt valve, but it worked out fine.

Once I had the correct parts, the job itself took all of 15 mins or so.
    Pictures???

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I didn't take any photos but I can the next time I pull the cover off. Maybe this weekend?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro